Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon Bookmark

Post your completed patterns here...
Tevosa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Pokemon Bookmark

Post by Tevosa »

Hello. This is my first post here. :wave: Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

I was making a pattern for a bookmark showing the battle on my Soulsilver between my Lapras and the red Gyarados. The sprites used are the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 sprites. The grey border is supposed to be done with metallic floss . Lettering font is a cleaned up version of Viner Hand ITC. This is going to be stitched on 14 count plastic canvas and is going to be 7"x3".

I feel like the border is too plain, but making a thicker one would take away from the pokemon themselves which is the last thing I want to do. If anyone has some tips on improving the design, it would be greatly appreciated.
Spoiler
Isoro vs Madame Red Bookmark.jpg
Isoro vs Madame Red Bookmark.jpg (331.25 KiB) Viewed 5710 times

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Pokemon Bookmark

Post by StitchPlease »

Have you thought about doing the border from the game? I believe it's only a few pixels wide and would give the image a more Pokemon vibe. I know I've seen rips of the text from almost all of the games, just a thought though. :pika

Tevosa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Pokemon Bookmark

Post by Tevosa »

I fiddled with all of them for about 30 minutes, but even the thinnest pattern covered up too much of Lapras for my liking. I wanted to have most of its shell in the picture and those borders nearly covered all of it. The background was partially made from a couple of those borders. The bookmark is already bigger than what I had originally planned which was 6"x2". I may actually use them as borders in my next project. Thanks anyways.