Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario bros Valentine's Day Bouquet

Menolly07
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Super Mario bros Valentine's Day Bouquet

Post by Menolly07 »

I've been cross-stitching sprites for a couple years now. It was a natural progression. Funnily, I arrived at it on my own because pixel art always naturally flowed into the stitching maps. Wasn't until I found the Sprite Stitch blog that I found out about Perler beads. I've never used them before but decided to give them a go for a few different projects. This is the first one I've finished, and I'm super pleased with it. For the geek husband to take to work and hang in his cube. Hopefully there will be many more to follow.
Spoiler
Valentine's Day Pixel Bouquet
Valentine's Day Pixel Bouquet
VDayGeekBouquet.jpg (782.36 KiB) Viewed 7194 times
Greekedtextgreekedtextgreekedtext greekedtextgreekedtext greekedtext greekedtext greekedtext greek greekedtextpsychicpapergreekedtext.

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Super Mario bros Valentine's Day Bouquet

Post by Yurtle »

This is really cool! :) I would hang it up too!

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

That is really cool! And so awesome for your first major project! It's adorable. I hope he liked it.

Btw, are you a P.E.R.N. fan?
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

Menolly07
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Menolly07 »

faewren wrote:That is really cool! And so awesome for your first major project! It's adorable. I hope he liked it.

Btw, are you a P.E.R.N. fan?
Thanks guys, he loved it. It's created a monster. Now I've begun making small pins (tetris blocks, pacman and ghosts, pokeballs etc) to give for donations. Took my first batch to PAX East and raised about $100.00 for Child's Play.

Pern? What's that? *asked over her steaming cup of cinnamon-chocolate infused coffee klah knock-off* Heh heh, yes. Since childhood. Dragonsong/singer were the first McCaffrey books I ever read, and the start of a life-long love affair with her work and with sci-fi/fantasy. Menolly07 has been a consistent forum name/email address for going on *coughcoughalargenumbercough* years now.
Greekedtextgreekedtextgreekedtext greekedtextgreekedtext greekedtext greekedtext greekedtext greek greekedtextpsychicpapergreekedtext.

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

squee - I loves me some Pern
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

Menolly07
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Menolly07 »

faewren wrote:squee - I loves me some Pern
I do too. I like her Crystalsinger series as well. I got a little less into her Pern stuff, but it's like her son injected it with some new energy. I love how faithful he is to continuity and the universe but able to pick-up topics that Anne hasn't covered in deep detail, like watchweyrs and the real running of the weyrs.

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

I love the crystalsinger series too. I own it. And a lot of Pern books. I need to read them again - I've been focused on other stuff.