Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Noob in need of assistance...

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Noob in need of assistance...

Post by Unorez »

So I've decided to do a different picture of Zero than I first thought I would...if anyone saw my first post, they know what I'm talking about...heh heh...

Anyway, is there a site that I could get a sprite displayed with the gridlines over it? I only have MS paint and I'd like to print the picture so I can watch tv and work on my project at the same time. Does anyone know of a site that'll do that for me?

Thanks in advance!

yumeleona23
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Noob in need of assistance...

Post by yumeleona23 »

I'm definitely a noob too when it comes to perlers, but I know there are a few programs out there that can help you create patterns. Like PCStitch or MacStitch for X-Stitchers. Google fuse bead pattern maker. I found a couple hits. Maybe the more experienced people on here can tell you what programs do or don't work. I know there was an online version of a pattern maker awhile ago, but it may be gone now? I couldn't find it.

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by mud »

Download KG-Chart, improt the image of your choice (File -> Import). In "Width(ct)" and "Height(ct)" you enter the pixel-measurements of the original image.

Or you can ad a grid in MS Paint. Somehow. I only have the swedish version och win 7, so I have no idea where you find the command. Fiddle about with it a bit and you'll hit the sweet spot sooner or later.

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

@ mud I downloaded that program but when I imported the picture I couldn't see the pic due to the fact that there was alot of stitching symbols over it...any idea how to fix that. Or at least what did you mean when you said that I need to measure the original?

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Unorez wrote:@ mud I downloaded that program but when I imported the picture I couldn't see the pic due to the fact that there was alot of stitching symbols over it...any idea how to fix that. Or at least what did you mean when you said that I need to measure the original?
Just click the button with a square with a small x inside it. This gets rid of the symbols.
Image Image Image Image

ultimicea
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ultimicea »

You can also try Perler Pal. Just do a search for it. Its web based. Its prety good and it gives you color option depending on what kind of beads you have (perler, hama nabbi, ect)

Unorez
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Unorez »

Thanks alot everyone! I just need to order a few more colors then it's project time!

dvdwojnar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dvdwojnar »

Yeah, the two programs I would recommend are PerlerPal (web based; http://www.edsalisbury.net/projects/perlerpal/) or Perler (java download; http://www.dolkow.se/perler/getting_started.php)
Each of them give you a grid/other image of how to lay out the beads. The thing I use them for is to get an estimate of how much of each color I might be using for an image (you can select perler or hamma palletes to use, and it matches the colors to the image).

I haven't tried printing from either of them, personally, but I think they should work well.

XplodingPenguin
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by XplodingPenguin »

i found this program, called perler, that works pretty well. it takes a bit of fooling around, but you can tell it what colours of beads you have, and it will only use them in the sprite it makes for you.

i uploaded the file, i had to change the extension so i could upload it. it is a rar at the moment, but it needs to be changed to a .jar file to be used. its a java based program, so all you have to do is save it, rename it, and open it.
Attachments
perler-2009-12-13-2027.rar
rename to .jar
(359.83 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

QauNuckShin
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by QauNuckShin »

XplodingPenguin wrote:i found this program, called perler, that works pretty well.
I wrote this program called Perler, and it works pretty well... :grin:

Anyways, it's probably a better idea to just link to the Perler site than to upload it here. Then you won't need to change the file extension, and you'll be sure to get the latest version of Perler.