Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

KG Chart Question

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

KG Chart Question

Post by Nitewing »

I'm trying to get a pattern ready for my next project. I'm making a bookmark for my boyfriend who is a huge Metal Gear fan.
This the picture I'm using.
SolidSnake_profile001RESIZED.gif
SolidSnake_profile001RESIZED.gif (7.96 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
Now the problem I have is that when I import it over to KG I need it to be 2.5 x 8 Inches (45 Stitches Across, 144 High on 18 ct Aida) . KG for some reason won't let me change the width without changing the height. Like it's got a pre-set ratio that I can't change. When I put in one number for height it puts in the width for me and I can't seem to figure out how to set it myself.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Celes_Lionheart
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: KG Chart Question

Post by Celes_Lionheart »

Well, just looking at the image size you have saved, in its native size it would be about 89 stitches x 144 stitches to keep all the detail you have.

KG Charts as an auto 'Constrain Proportions'(aka 'Maintain Aspect Ratio') built in, so it wont let you change the different sides so that the image wont get 'wonky'.

Now PC Stitch does allow you to change the aspect ratio, so you can make the image different than the original, however KG allows you to print, PCStitch's trial does not.

*Edit*

To kinda give you an idea of the aspect ration thingy, here is your image...
SolidSnake_profile001RESIZED.gif
SolidSnake_profile001RESIZED.gif (7.96 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
and here is one with the ratio you were looking for...
solid2.gif
solid2.gif (5.18 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
My advise, if you like how it looks on the second picture, try to use PC Stitch or PC Stitch Pro ^_^
Working on:
Mini-Swap, Chocobo chart, Mega Man piece
Sewing - 3 different Disappearing 9-Patch quilts
http://celes887.deviantart.com/

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

OK, thanks for the tip on that. I think what I'll do is two of those pics. There's a liquid too and if I stack them on top of each other then I should be able to get the right Height for a bookmark. The second pic looks too stretched out.

Mak327
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Mak327 »

You could change the ratio of the picture, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're going to end up with a stretched picture and it will look weird. I'd suggest either using 2 photos (if they're narrow enough) or centering it and using something on the edges like just a solid border or putting it on one end and text running down the length of it.