Getting the right colours on KG Chart?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
peas_and_love
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Getting the right colours on KG Chart?

Post by peas_and_love »

Hi

I'm making a pattern but importing the design I've already made on Paint. I know the colours in KG Chart are always a bit off but I tried to use PCStitch and just didn't get on with it (I got a ways in and it crashed plus I really didn't like the controls), so basically I have to use KG Chart. I really don't want to get all the way through making the pattern just to find it's wrong so does anyone have any tips for how to use it so that the colours don't come out weird? If it helps, I'm using Pokemon sprites (because we definitely don't have enough pokemon patterns on this site :P )

Thanks!

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Getting the right colours on KG Chart?

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

I've used KG Chart, PC Stitch, and KXStitch. I personally found that each one makes the colors darker, sometimes by a shade or two, sometimes just way off. I've tried a couple different things with varied degrees of success. I downloaded the DMC color chart and tried to use that (not very helpful). I've made my images brighter using GIMP Image Editor (Somewhat successful). Ive looked at a picture and decided how many colors I saw, then put the picture of what I wanted to make on my phone, headed down to Michaels and compared flosses, then gone back and put them into the pattern (Successful but time consuming). Finally, I just went out and bought every color of DMC floss. I realize this isnt a viable option for all but its saved me lots of time. Now when I make a pattern I just use colors as place holders and edit the pattern as I go and decide on what floss I actually want to use.