Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Craft resources?

Discuss how you complete your crafts...
DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Craft resources?

Post by DuckyBelkins »

I've recently seen some really awesome things on Sprite Stitch but what I've been most impressed with was the Bubble Bobble clock. Omg, I want to make one.

So I guess I'm asking if anyone has any resources for many simple clock kits? I don't have awesome skills for taking apart cheap clocks and putting them back together like that person had. I tried googling and only came up with intense, fancy clock designs when all I really want is some cheap plastic clock that I can design.

Also, I've seen some really really cool keychains and I'd like to make keychains too. I'm bored with the framed picture concept. Does anyone know an online resource or even a store where I can get resources to make cross stitched keychains?

One last thing: I want to cross stitch a lot of patterns, but I don't want to hang them as big pictures and I have no one to give them to, so I figured I'd maybe make a scrap book to hold my small projects. But I've never really scrap booked before so does anyone know how difficult a task this will be to put it together and keep it together? Thanks guys!
Image Image Image Image

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Craft resources?

Post by blackmageheart »

For clocks you have a few options. One is to recycle mechanisms out of cheap clocks (I've done this with a painted canvas for my bathroom) and they are always available on ebay. You could also buy a cheap picture clock, remove the picture and put in your own. If you don't want to do that then there are many clock kits out there and recently I've seen clocks with a space to insert your own picture/cross stitch :)

Keychains, they're widely available and pretty cheap - I see hundreds on ebay, as well as coasters etc.

As for scrapbooking, it's not really difficult and there's no set way to do it - what you put in it and how is totally up to you! If you buy a proper scrapbook make sure it is a good size that will accommodate all of your little projects, has plenty of pockets and has acid-free and lignin-free materials.

Hope this helps! ^^
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

johloh
Site Admin

Re: Craft resources?

Post by johloh »

yeah i love that clock too...there are tons of clock kits, I found this one as the first result on google.

http://www.klockit.com/products/dept-38 ... ments.html - $10.99
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"