Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Post your completed patterns here...
User avatar
bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 am
Location: Geelong, Australia
Contact:

Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby bikyclist » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:38 am

So I LOVE the idea of a Tetris heart, but I couldn't get behind the patterns I found out there with incomplete blocks, so I made one that uses only whole Tetris blocks. As in, if no-lines-had-been-won-yet style blocks, if that makes sense to your inner Tetris player. Also, no two blocks of the same shape touch.

It might be easier to just look at the pattern. :nod
tetris heart 2.sth
2px width blocks.
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 1657 times



Wanna see it in four different shades?
Spoiler: show
4hearts.jpg
in four different shades.
4hearts.jpg (49.15 KiB) Viewed 12218 times

I've backstitched the outline in metallic thread here --not that you can really tell -- but you can do without or however suits your style!!

(Technically its now done in 5 shades, black/white being the last, placed in the middle, but I don't have a pic of that version of the piece yet. :P)
Image

User avatar
MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby MissNelyra » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 am

Love it! Probably the best tetris heart i've seen so far :D Might give it a shot, thanks for sharing!
Sorry about my english, french is my primary language!

jadeskies
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby jadeskies » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 am

I like the metallic bits on the one. A bit of sparkle.

The four different shades would look lovely on a bookmark for that special person... or yourself :)

Jen

User avatar
bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 am
Location: Geelong, Australia
Contact:

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby bikyclist » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 am

It would be about the right size for a bookmark! Great idea. My mums birthday is coming up too :)

haveyoumetlisa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby haveyoumetlisa » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Wow, that is a very impressive pattern! And the hearts with the similar color-family are really pretty. Nice work!!

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nyköping, Sweden

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby SephreniaMusic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Beautiful :D

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nyköping, Sweden

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby SephreniaMusic » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:04 am

I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)

User avatar
bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 am
Location: Geelong, Australia
Contact:

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby bikyclist » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:07 pm

SephreniaMusic wrote:I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)


I actually just picked colours that looked nice together! I don't have my floss organised to have the DMC numbers attached and I started out using up the little bits of leftover thread from years worth of projects, which came out of a bag of such threads, so in all honesty the only colours that I know for certain I used are black, white and the five metallic threads, which were Gold-5282, Black-E310, Purple-E718, Green-E699 and Blue-E825.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be more helpful!
Image

SephreniaMusic
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Nyköping, Sweden

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby SephreniaMusic » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:53 pm

bikyclist wrote:
SephreniaMusic wrote:I'd love to make these. Do you think you could let me know the color combinations to all of them. i think the colors you have choosen are spot on so I don't want to change it I'd also like the combo for the white black one. Thanks :)


I actually just picked colours that looked nice together! I don't have my floss organised to have the DMC numbers attached and I started out using up the little bits of leftover thread from years worth of projects, which came out of a bag of such threads, so in all honesty the only colours that I know for certain I used are black, white and the five metallic threads, which were Gold-5282, Black-E310, Purple-E718, Green-E699 and Blue-E825.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be more helpful!


O NO!!! I suck at picking colors, mostly because I'm so insecure but I guess I could see this as a courage bilding experiment :grin:

User avatar
bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 am
Location: Geelong, Australia
Contact:

Re: Tetris Heart, whole shapes, no two same shapes touch.

Postby bikyclist » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm

SephreniaMusic wrote:O NO!!! I suck at picking colors, mostly because I'm so insecure but I guess I could see this as a courage bilding experiment :grin:


Well, good luck!! They should look pretty good with pretty much any 7 shades as long as there is a good bit of differentiation between them -- if I was to do the blue one again I'd pick more carefully, as two of the shades are a bit close together; but the green one which has colours that I don't intrinsically find appealing works really well as a whole, because they are all such different shades of green.
Post a picture when you're done!! I'd love to see other versions!
Image

Return to “Patterns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest