Pokemon Bookmark

Post your completed patterns here...
Tevosa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Pokemon Bookmark

Postby Tevosa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello. This is my first post here. :wave: Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

I was making a pattern for a bookmark showing the battle on my Soulsilver between my Lapras and the red Gyarados. The sprites used are the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 sprites. The grey border is supposed to be done with metallic floss . Lettering font is a cleaned up version of Viner Hand ITC. This is going to be stitched on 14 count plastic canvas and is going to be 7"x3".

I feel like the border is too plain, but making a thicker one would take away from the pokemon themselves which is the last thing I want to do. If anyone has some tips on improving the design, it would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler: show
Isoro vs Madame Red Bookmark.jpg
Isoro vs Madame Red Bookmark.jpg (331.25 KiB) Viewed 4365 times

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Pokemon Bookmark

Postby StitchPlease » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Have you thought about doing the border from the game? I believe it's only a few pixels wide and would give the image a more Pokemon vibe. I know I've seen rips of the text from almost all of the games, just a thought though. :pika

Tevosa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Pokemon Bookmark

Postby Tevosa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:39 pm

I fiddled with all of them for about 30 minutes, but even the thinnest pattern covered up too much of Lapras for my liking. I wanted to have most of its shell in the picture and those borders nearly covered all of it. The background was partially made from a couple of those borders. The bookmark is already bigger than what I had originally planned which was 6"x2". I may actually use them as borders in my next project. Thanks anyways.

Return to “Patterns”