Super Metroid - Samus close-up from intro

Post your completed patterns here...
wedgetable
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Super Metroid - Samus close-up from intro

Postby wedgetable » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Okay, I know I just posted a Samus bookmark, but I really, really like this closeup of Samus's face from the beginning of the game:
Spoiler: show

So I thought, "Hey, that last pattern wasn't so hard, how about making one of that screenshot?" ...Ugh, much harder than I expected. The colors are so dark that KG-Chart interpreted two colors (including the most common one) as black, so I had to fill in those colors manually. Then I thought I would never be able to find colors dark enough to make it look like the real thing, but I think that if you blend two colors of floss on two of the colors, it'll work out great. I haven't actually tested it, but I used this picture as a reference. I actually took crops from the photo and dragged them over swabs in Paint, as you can see here... oi >_o. Much respect for you pattern-makers now.

Chart posted below, but you'll want to change two things:
1) Symbol E (right now DMC #814) should be one strand of #939 and one strand of #3685.
2) Symbol - (right now DMC #500) should be one strand of #823 and one strand of #3808.

Definitely use black aida... and you'll probably want to have that substitute most if not all of the black. 192 x 135, 15 colors
Samus.sth
(33.21 KiB) Downloaded 556 times

Like I said before, I haven't attempted this yet, so feel free to suggest improvements!

nyami
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Super Metroid - Samus close-up from intro

Postby nyami » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:47 am

wow that's dedication! I think the colors you picked are spot on, i'm gonna steal the pattern from ya tho :clapping:

wedgetable
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby wedgetable » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 am

Sweet! I can't wait to start this one, personally, but I need to finish my current big project first. :blinky

silly-kitten71
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby silly-kitten71 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:12 am

I've started this one, I have 4 colours completed so far - I'll post a progress picture soon. I couldn't find black aida though, so I may go completely insane before I get all of that black stitched in.... hahaha :tease:

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Postby Yurtle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:47 am

I've been trying to find black cloth lately in 18 ct and it's driven me nuts too. I just can't find it anywhere in the stores. There's 14ct black up the wahoo but no 18ct. I was beginning to think it just didn't exist anywhere!

Good luck with stitching all the black. Stay strong! :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby blackmageheart » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 am

This has been on my to-do list for a while (I'm SLOWLY making my way through the list lol), but great to see that someone's started it :)
Good luck!
@Yurtle - I had a nightmare trying to find black aida in 18ct recently but I got some on ebay.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Postby Yurtle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 am

Yeah, I'm not really an ebay shopper, at all. I would have no idea how to even go about it. I will just continue to whine and complain! :) And then switch to another colour cloth, like I did last night. Thanks for letting me know that it exists somewhere in the universe though.

wedgetable
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby wedgetable » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 am

Oh yay! I'm so glad people are using this pattern, I'm pretty proud of it but I haven't gotten a chance to stitch it myself. Can't wait to see the results =D

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Postby Yurtle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:27 pm

So, yeah, I was just told by the husband that this is the project I'm making for him! We've been trying to find one he would like for a while now and it looks like this is it! So, thank you!!

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Postby Icelandic Hitman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 am

silly-kitten71 wrote:I've started this one, I have 4 colours completed so far - I'll post a progress picture soon. I couldn't find black aida though, so I may go completely insane before I get all of that black stitched in.... hahaha :tease:

Buy White Cloth and Black Dye?
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

Return to “Patterns”