Introductions

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
FiberWalkWithMe
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Introductions

Post by FiberWalkWithMe »

Hello new friends!

My name is Dani and I'm new here. I'm from The South but have been in Portland, OR for almost 2 years.

I have quite a history with crafts. When I was a wee lass, my mom tried to get me into cross stitching because she has done it for as long as I can remember (she has won awards! Most recently won a Best in Show award at a county fair for a project that took her 1.5 years, 1907 hours! :shock: ), but because she was forcing it on me, it never stuck with me. I eventually picked up knitting on my own, which I do in phases. No huge projects; mostly gloves, socks, hats. Any who, I occasionally do some embroidery, but I only know a couple stitches so I mostly do it when I'm tired of working on other projects.

I lost my job a month ago, completely unexpectedly. I've been a bit of a wreck since. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of job I want now if I even want to get another one. In the mean time, to keep my hands and mind occupied, I picked cross stitching back up! I came up with an idea for an Etsy shop to sell little stitched pieces mostly related to nerdy stuff. I have found it so fun and rewarding so far. While scouring the web for old school Mario and Zelda pixely characters to stitch, I found this site and am so glad I did. I haven't been a part of a forum in a while, but I think I found a new little home here. Yay!

Once I get a good stock of pieces to sell in my shop, I hope to work on some bigger stuff from the amazing patterns I've seen here. I am excite!

laaputa
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by laaputa »

Hi, I'm Nichola!
I've been stitching since I was a kid, but I haven't actually picked up a needle and thread in a long time. Just restarted my love for it, especially with a site dedicated to patterns from games :mush

Currently working on a few things, hope to be a more active member of the community soon!

:peach
deviantart | tumblr
current project: christmas!

SonnySplendor
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SonnySplendor »

Hello my name is Sara! and I live in Pennsylvania. I have been cross stitching on and off for the past 10+ years. I love to stitch anything but am particularly drawn to gaming stitches and stuff I grew up with. I love to play games on my PS3 and am currently playing Skyrim and Beyond: two souls. I also enjoy some table top games and even play every sunday at a friends house. I don't know how to make patterns but I am willing to learn.
Current WIP:
Designing my own sampler
Metroid samus save station
Fallout Pipboy screen

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch!
SonnySplendor wrote:currently playing Skyrim
:good:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

SonnySplendor wrote:I also enjoy some table top games and even play every sunday at a friends house.
:good:

Making patterns is pretty straightforward. It's usually easiest to start with a PNG or GIF image, with one pixel equaling one stitch. This thread lists a few online resources to try out. KG Chart and the shareware version of PC Stitch are the most common programs we use here; both have MSPaint-like tools to draw patterns stitch by stitch, and both can import images and make guesses as to the colors which fit best.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Farriba
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Farriba »

Hello, I'm Farriba. I'm from Central Pennsylvania and I'm a HUGE Minecraft fan. I'm also a small Youtuber, and by that I mean the kind that hardly ever get any views. But when I do get views it's usualy like this: :tomato: (Also, more on my Youtube later). Anyway, I joined for several reasons: 1. My mom (SofaraStarfyre) is a member here 2. I like video games 3. I like pearler beading, and lastly 4. I like to make pixel art in Minecraft. Speaking of Minecraft pixel art, I made a video of me building Pikachu :pika and will upload it to my Youtube channel soon, then post a link in the Misc. Craft Project section so I share it with those who wish to see it.
Howdy, I'm FarribaStarfyre. My screen name was FarribaSteelhand for a few years, but I changed it to Starfyre to match my Mom's. Most of my posts on here are/will be Minecraft sprite art. Anyway, I have some procrastinating to do, so I'll see you later.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Farriba wrote:1. My mom (SofaraStarfyre) is a member here
D'aww.

Welcome to the Sprite Stitch Family! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Welcome to everyone :)
1. My mom (SofaraStarfyre) is a member here 2
Do we have a badge for second gen members yet?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Pyper wrote:Do we have a badge for second gen members yet?
No but we definitely should. To the Badge Cave!

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

blackmageheart wrote:To the Badge Cave!
You made my night. :D
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.