Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Coming Soon to a Theater Near YOU!

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Coming Soon to a Theater Near YOU!

Post by Icedevimon13 »

This is a thread to 'spice' things up here a bit. (not really, its just something different to talk about) Here we can talk about movies! Even...gasp...video game movies! (and the horrors they bring) So, discuss what movies are out, coming out, on dvd, or you want to see.

I saw Mamma Mia on Saturday with my mom. There were a LOT of older people at the theater, it was almost full, and they were an excellent crowd to see the movie with. I love musicals, so seeing it was a given.

I still want to see the Dark Knight, but I want to wait for a while since I heard the theaters were packed, moreso than Mamma Mia.

Finally, I am going to see the X-Files movie tomorrow with my dad. I've been looking forward to it all summer.
Image Image

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Coming Soon to a Theater Near YOU!

Post by Amanda »

I haven't seen any movies this summer besides Get Smart, but I hear the drive-in near my house (yes, there are still two or three of those in Ohio still in business) is showing Dark Knight and Hancock back-to-back this weekend so I might check that out.

And I want to see Mamma Mia badly too, but it's so hard to go see a movie like that when you've already seen the show live. I was happy with the way that The Producers turned out, but not so much the way that Chicago did...know what I mean?
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

I know what you mean, but its also important to remember that some things on stage won't translate well into a movie musical. For example - overtures. People had a stink when the Ballad of Sweeney Todd was left out of the movie, but it would have been way to awkward to do based on the mood of the movie. My aunt saw Mamma Mia on broadway and she enjoyed the movie if that is anything to go by lol.
Image Image

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

That's funny. I didn't enjoy The Producers very much (I'd seen the same show on stage) but I really liked Chicago (which I haven't seen on Broadway). The Producers felt too "in your face" big, like they just filmed the show as it was going and then edited. Chicago felt like it had been nicely adapted for film.

I saw Dark Knight last weekend and it was fantastic. First time in a long while I've been in a theater that was completely packed. Heath Ledger's Joker was just perfect. I'm disappointed that Ledger's death means we won't be able to see another of his performances.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Chicago changed a lot of things from the Broadway show. The Producers, to me, was the same thing I had seen with the exception of the addition of Uma Thurman and Will Farrell. Oh, and the subtraction of the guy singing the tally me banana thing with the accountants.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

I saw Dark Knight recently too. It was pretty good, mostly because of Heath Ledger's acting (so good!). The rest I didn't think was as great as some people thought -- I liked Iron Man better. I also saw Hancock before that. It was ok. Not as entertaining as it should have been, and it went off on a weird tangent after a while, but it was alright as a summer movie I suppose.
Wall-E was so good! It was adorable, but the story was interesting and the graphics were really quite nice too. Hehe.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I ended up not going to see any of these movies this past weekend...instead, I bought a piano for $12 (USD) at an auction and repaired and then played it all weekend. (I bought it at a school that was getting rid of old equipment and the one front leg had come off at one time, but some new screws and casters and it was good to go again!)

Although I played as a kid I haven't sat at a piano in almost 5 years so it's going to take a bit of time to get back to what anyone would consider "good".

But I am going to see Mamma Mia with my sister a week from Wednesday...yay!

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

Oh wow! My sister was looking for a good cheap piano but she gave up because of the cost of tuning it every few months or something, plus we don't have much room. :/

KidArtemis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by KidArtemis »

biostitch2point0 wrote:I saw Dark Knight recently too. It was pretty good, mostly because of Heath Ledger's acting (so good!). The rest I didn't think was as great as some people thought -- I liked Iron Man better.
Wall-E was so good! It was adorable, but the story was interesting and the graphics were really quite nice too. Hehe.
YES! Thank you! I thought I was the only one that didn't really like (or understand) Dark Knight. I wasn't familiar with Bale's previous Batman movie so maybe that's why. My dad was with me and was confused also. I was quite boggled. Iron Man rocked.

Wall-E was quite cute. I saw it in theater and online and had to rewatch parts that were so adorable.

Indiana Jones seemed long, but very good. I want to see X-Files even though the reviews weren't that great. Well, I usually disregard movie critics anyway

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

I want to see X-Files really bad too but my dad backed out based on the ratings, but his ratings were based on fans of the show. It seems they are split - It was either loved or hated. The bad reviewers claim that there isn't as much actual sci-fi in the movie but I don't know... I still want to see it.
Image Image