March Madness

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:33 pm

March Madness

Postby faewren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 pm

I have a suggestion for a mini March/April contest. Since Pokemon Black and White came out this month, I suggest a Poke-theme. Like Mario throwing a pokeball to launch Yoshi. ^_~

Now granted, there are other great games that have been released this month, like Dragon Age II but it was a suggestion.

Also - the site feels kinda dead-ish. What happened to everybody?
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

User avatar
LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: Eastbourne, England

Re: March Madness

Postby LilliumRyn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 pm

faewren wrote:I have a suggestion for a mini March/April contest. Since Pokemon Black and White came out this month, I suggest a Poke-theme. Like Mario throwing a pokeball to launch Yoshi. ^_~

Now granted, there are other great games that have been released this month, like Dragon Age II but it was a suggestion.

Also - the site feels kinda dead-ish. What happened to everybody?


Omg, i'd LOVE to do this!! I'd like it if we could do something for Japan at some point... not a clue what though.... Pokemon sounds brilliant! also i've noticed it's dead here too... i hope everyone's okay *hugs*
Lily :pika
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

User avatar
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 am
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: March Madness

Postby blackmageheart » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:37 pm

faewren wrote:Also - the site feels kinda dead-ish. What happened to everybody?


Think it's just one of those times where everybody's got a lot to do - it happens sometimes :D

I like your thinking, but I just did that Snorlax thing and I'm fresh out of Poke-ideas! (Also, I must be one of the few people I know that didn't get a new Pokemon game - just can't afford it right now lol)
Anyway, I'm so busy with other projects right now that I don't think I could fit another one in, hehe. But I would like to see a new contest up and running sometime soon, even if its just to see what people come up with :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: March Madness

Postby faewren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Oohhh - A Pokemon for Japan quilt! I don't know how to do this, but get some charity thing organized so that for every 'x' amount of dollars we stitch a Pokemon onto a piece of aida fabric (like a 5 inch by 5 inch square) and then send our squares to someone to stitch together into a quilt, and then send the quilt and the donated money to Japan.

The Sprite Stitch Pokemon relief quilt!

But I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: Or, as my husband pointed out as he was reading over my shoulder, people could donate time and money to do squares of Nintendo (not just Pokemon) sprites and then once we get it sewn together and bound then we auction it off.
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

User avatar
LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: Eastbourne, England

Re: March Madness

Postby LilliumRyn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm

faewren wrote:Oohhh - A Pokemon for Japan quilt! I don't know how to do this, but get some charity thing organized so that for every 'x' amount of dollars we stitch a Pokemon onto a piece of aida fabric (like a 5 inch by 5 inch square) and then send our squares to someone to stitch together into a quilt, and then send the quilt and the donated money to Japan.

The Sprite Stitch Pokemon relief quilt!

But I don't know how to do that.

i don't either... :( i absolutely LOVE this idea!! oh how i wish i knew how to quilt! i'll learn one day X'D this sounds perfect! Although us British ones will need it changed into £'s lol. i'm doing a charity cosplay run on Friday dressing as an Oshawott Gijinka with a few friends for Japan, so i'll have a word with the organiser to ask how he's doing things then. If this becomes a 'thing' on here or if anyone wants it, i'll pass on whatever information i find out :)
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

User avatar
LilliumRyn
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 pm
Location: Eastbourne, England

Re: March Madness

Postby LilliumRyn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:06 pm

faewren wrote:EDIT: Or, as my husband pointed out as he was reading over my shoulder, people could donate time and money to do squares of Nintendo (not just Pokemon) sprites and then once we get it sewn together and bound then we auction it off.


That sounds brilliant! :good: I hope we can get others involved!
Current Projects:
Link and Triforce Square = 56% complete.
Kanto Map = 60% complete.
Hetalia sprites for Xmas presents. Other projects will be put on hold until these are done. Shouldn't take long though. :3

Blessed Be
)O(

User avatar
IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: March Madness

Postby IzzyXIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 pm

I love this idea of a pokemon quilt for japan! I'm more than happy to contribute.

LilliumRyn wrote:
faewren wrote:EDIT: Or, as my husband pointed out as he was reading over my shoulder, people could donate time and money to do squares of Nintendo (not just Pokemon) sprites and then once we get it sewn together and bound then we auction it off.


That sounds brilliant! :good: I hope we can get others involved!


I'm sure many other Sprite stitchers would be happy to be involved. I'd love if we could make this happen.

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: March Madness

Postby faewren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

So is it a Pokemon quilt or a Nintendo quilt?
Is it a wall hanging quilt (or series of) or a bed quilt?
We also need a team lead. I vote not me.
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

User avatar
IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: March Madness

Postby IzzyXIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

I'd like a just pokemon one, although a nintendo quilt would add greater variety. As for type of quilt, not sure. Would we want one of each? Do we want to make multiple quilts or stick to one? Would somebody want to (or be willing to) stitch multiple quilts if we did?

Sorry if I sound kind of pushy, just needed to throw those questions out. All of this sounds really exciting!

chickenstitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 am

Re: March Madness

Postby chickenstitch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

this is a great idea I'd love to help, cant quilt or organise to save my life but I would donate time and money :nod

Return to “Miscellaneous”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest