Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Nanowrimo

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Nanowrimo

Post by Icedevimon13 »

It's a bit late to bring this up, as it has started already, but is anyone attempting it?

The gist is you've got to write a 50,000 word story in a month, starting and ending on November 1 and 30. There is no 'prize' for winning, but there is the knowledge that you did it.

I've reached about 8,500 words as of now. I'm a bit behind, but I plan on catching up tonight after dinner.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Re: Nanowrimo

Post by johloh »

not me...

but, I have a friend who is doing it...

good luck!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I've tried for two years and I haven't even come close to the 50,000 words if you combine the two years...

I haven't even hardly realized it's November yet, so I haven't gotten started yet this year either.

Good luck to any of you attempting it!!
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Reviving this thread upon the cusp of this years NaNoWriMo.

And I ask, who is attempting it this year?

I'm going to try for a full 50k this time :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Ugh, I was planning on neglecting to do it this year because school's way too crazy (I've hardly had 3 minutes to stitch in the last couple weeks), but you just reminded me about it and unggghhhh.

I like being creative.

Philpepe
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Philpepe »

I did it a few years ago and actually reached the 50,000 word goal, but haven't been able to do it since then. I've been planning on attempting it again this year, but as it gets closer I'm starting to second guess myself.
Current Projects: Crocheting stuff, writing letters, cross stitching stuff oh, and making beer!

The Needle Artist
My Deviantart

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I'm doing it again, but I'm not writing a novel. I'm using NaNo to help me get all my college work done (should be about 25K instead).

Philpepe
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Philpepe »

Yea, I think I just made up my mind that I am going to try again this year. Not sure if I'll make it, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Maybe having a long weekend will help me get a good enough head start!
Current Projects: Crocheting stuff, writing letters, cross stitching stuff oh, and making beer!

The Needle Artist
My Deviantart

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Eliste wrote:I'm doing it again, but I'm not writing a novel. I'm using NaNo to help me get all my college work done (should be about 25K instead).
Philpepe wrote:Yea, I think I just made up my mind that I am going to try again this year. Not sure if I'll make it, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Maybe having a long weekend will help me get a good enough head start!
Awesome! let me know your usernames so I can add you to my buddy list :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Same username!