Tips for colour matching?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
braxyBRAX
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Tips for colour matching?

Post by braxyBRAX »

Hey all!

So I dived in and purchased a license for PC Stitch 10 and I've started working on some Pokemon patterns. My issue is, I've never actually played Pokemon on it's intended consoles - I'm currently emulating on my phone. So, because of this, I don't really know the true colours of the Pokemon D; Eg on my computer Wartortle is a medium blue-purple whereas on my phone emulation it's a full on purple, darker but still bright (does that make sense?!)

Anyway, want I'm wanting to know is when doing a pattern what do you go by for the colour? Just whats on your screen? By the original pixels in the original game? Or something else?

Current Projects
Epic Pokemon gen 2
All at sea (cross stitcher magazine)
Land Before Time
Hogwarts Crest

Read all about my stitching at handmade wombat

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Tips for colour matching?

Post by carand88 »

ideally, you would want to go for what's the most accurate for the game, and the real life floss color. Sometimes, you're not going to be able to match it perfectly, but get really really close. however, it is ultimately up to you whether you want to match it to a computer screen or the game, just make sure that the floss you decide to use actually matches what's on the screen. sometimes, pattern makers aren't completely accurate and it's always best to have the colors in front of you to compare to. hope this helps.

braxyBRAX
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by braxyBRAX »

Yeah. I just wish I had the games and actual consoles, but as I'm running an emulator I don't know how accurate the colours are :/ It's frustrating haha.
Current Projects
Epic Pokemon gen 2
Land Before Time
Hogwarts Crest

braxyBRAX
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by braxyBRAX »

Okay so I just did Squirtle and evolutions, and PC Stitch came back with 156 as one of the main colours for Wartortle - which is the same as on the 1st gen epic pokemon stitch. Anyone who knows the colour based on the actual games - would you say that's accurate? Since on my phone it's much darker.
Current Projects
Epic Pokemon gen 2
Land Before Time
Hogwarts Crest

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

just looked at the color in question, and i would say that it's a touch too purple, but it would probably work once you add it the the other colors in the pattern.

braxyBRAX
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by braxyBRAX »

I'll stitch it up and see how it goes. Hopefully it works out well :]
Current Projects
Epic Pokemon gen 2
Land Before Time
Hogwarts Crest