Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Gradient Help

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Gradient Help

Post by QueenBex »

So my very first commission is going well, finally got the design down, looks awesome even if I do say so myself.

I need some help though, its a monogram piece and I have a big old J in there, was thinking rather then a lump of colour perhaps I could give it a gradient of purple.

I already have 554 in the piece so I wanna include that. Um... Maybe 2 more colours or perhaps 4 more colours, so either 3 or 5 purples in total. I need help deciding on colours. Was thinking a soft change from light to dark so perhaps 5 colours would be better... Hmm... The total design size is 73 stitches high and i'm still toying with a butterfly for width...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Gradient Help

Post by Kareesh »

If you want 5 colors, then you could use (in order of darkest to lightest) 550, 552, 553, 554, 153. You can pick from those as well if you wanted only 3 colors. :)
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Gradient Help

Post by QueenBex »

Thankyou kindly!! Just so happens theres a big gap in my thread stash around the 500s, perfect excuse to fill that gap :p
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC