Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

POLL: Where do you get your patterns from?

Forum and Craft Related Topics...

From whence do you obtain your patterns?

Sprite Stitch (of course)
38%
I make my own
27%
Kits
7%
Magazines
2%
Books
5%
Etsy
8%
Other online (purchased)
6%
Online (free)
7%
Other
1%

Total votes: 88

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

POLL: Where do you get your patterns from?

Post by starrley »

The suggestion for this one comes to us from lpgeorge123, and it was seconded by RMDC. And so, please pick your top two places to get patterns. As usual, there is an "other" option. Comment away! :)
mario01mini.png
mario01mini.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: POLL: Where do you get your patterns from?

Post by RMDC »

I almost always make my own patterns, with a couple of notable WIP exceptions. I have tons of kits lying around, but I've never actually finished any of the three I've started (though my current project is getting finished for sure - I've got the frame and some extra bits ready to roll!). I have, however, made several pieces from patterns here on Sprite Stitch and have several more queued up.

I'm interested in seeing what other online sources people use!
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

I use sprite stitch and use patterns from books. Made my first pattern for my swap gift.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

RMDC wrote:I'm interested in seeing what other online sources people use!
Ditto to that!

I've been hoping for this poll for awhile since lately I've had a slump where I can't seem to find any patterns I like. I've spent far too much time searching on Etsy an Pinterest, and it seems like the ones I like are either small 1-2 day projects, or super huge 1-2 year projects. I can't seem to find a happy medium!

Recently I started the Zelda station of awakening piece, but I know with that many color changes I'll get tired of it and want to switch to something that I don't have to focus so hard on. Sometimes I just want to listen to a show on Netflix and stitch without using too much brain power.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

In a very definite plug- I get a lot of my embroidery patterns out of the Inspirations magazine. As far as I can tell, it is the most beautiful embroidery magazine in the world as advertised so if you've any interest in general embroidery or learning embroidery, I'd highly recommend getting a subscription (online or otherwise). Even if you don't get patterns from it, I guarantee the beautiful work in those pages will inspire you.

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Voted here and other. For the most I use Sprite Stitch or make them, but I really have a collection of patterns from all over.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:Voted here and other. For the most I use Sprite Stitch or make them, but I really have a collection of patterns from all over.
This exactly.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

I get mine from almost all of those places, except magazines. So I just chose the two sources for the projects I'm working on now and that's a book and purchased online. I found that dailycrossstitch.com site through here and I'm hooked. The patterns are small and simple and a lot of them are really lovely. And their puns crack me up. I've finished 2 patterns from that site so far and am working on a butterfly from there as well.

I like to get my ornaments as kits, although some of those I've stitched from a pattern book or from free online patterns. I'm really hoping the local craft store will have the same tree skirt kit as last year. Last fall I was just too busy but I hope to have more time this year and I really want to make it.

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

I used to use PCStitch 10 to make my own, but it's not too great at picking the correct colors. I wound up with a pink mario. But the last couple I've gotten directly from Sprite Stitch have looked great. Thanks for all the hard work out there pattern makers :D

tybear009
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tybear009 »

I mainly use Sprite Stitch and free patterns from places like Birdie Stitching, Mini Stitches, and Cross Me Not, though I have tried my hand at some pattern making and it's turned out somewhat OK. Let's just say that pattern making isn't for me...
Current Project: Servo's Mario Through the Ages