Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Patchwork Gym

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Patchwork Gym

Post by Kareesh »

I know there's been talk about this on and off ever since the gym sort of...vanished. I was just curious as whether there was any interest in doing something with the squares we still have or what? I still have my squares and I'd be willing to stitch up some more.

The Facebook group is still up, so if we need to move the conversation to there, I'd be okay with that. Wasn't quite sure where to put this topic....
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Patchwork Gym

Post by QueenBex »

Did I miss something? What is this Gym you speak of friend? Do tell :blink:
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

QueenBex wrote:Did I miss something? What is this Gym you speak of friend? Do tell :blink:
The Patchwork Gym started here on Sprite Stitch in 2011 after the tsunami/earthquake in Japan. We decided to make quilt squares (like the Sprite Stitch Child's Play quilt) but have it all about Pokemon. We were planning on making them into a quilt and the proceeds would go to the Japanese Red Cross. We started a different forum so we wouldn't clutter up Sprite Stitch, but those forums went down some time ago, around the time the person heading it up went MIA.

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

It's funny you mention this, as I have been thinking about it once again. I still have the blog so when it gets spikes in traffic I get notified and that keeps it in my head somewhat.

QueenBex, basically it was a project to stitch squares of the original 151 Pokemon and make a quilt out of them. The lady who was in charge kinda fell off the internet due to a big upheaval in her personal life which I won't say any more about here. Needless to say with at least half of the completed squares in her hands, and me having very little technical control of the project, it tapered off.

We were making smallish squares, something like 70x70 on 14ct aida. We grouped by evolution if possible and background was relevant to the type of the 'mon. Quite easy to stitch, and some nice results!

I am willing to run this project from start and I will see it through to the finish. I have two options before me - I can attempt to contact the lady to see if I can get the squares back from her and also contact some of the other stitchers, or I can start over. Either way I think it would be better done as a Sprite Stitch-based project, although I'd be happy to keep the "patchwork gym" name. If it's based here, I can organise it much better; you all know me and I think I'm trusted enough to deal with the administrative side.

So I guess I just have one question... who's interested in helping out?

EDIT: I am still an admin on the FB group, so if anyone wants to chat to me there please do so - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Patc ... 1083558824
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Sounds amazing and would tie in nicely with the childs play quilts.

I reckon you should definitely do it on sprite stitch and perhaps starting again will provide a fresh new start and fresh new excitement and wouldn't need to try and regain the squares and wouldn't have to try and sort out who's done what and so forth. I'm sure those who took part before wouldn't mind, plus they could try and stitch a different pokemon this time. It would be easier to organise and keep control of.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

madmod2
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by madmod2 »

I'd happily take part. I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, but as long as someone makes patterns, I can do as much stitching as needed.

out2lunch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by out2lunch »

Sounds fun, I'd totally be on board.
Current Project: Super Metroid villain #3: Crocomire

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I should be up for this. I imagine its going to run over a fairly long time frame to get them all stitched?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Since I started this thread, I would say I'm interested. :)

If you need any help with anything, just lemme know.

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I actually think I was signed up to do this and may still have my pattern. If I do, and you still need it, I might be able to fit it into my schedule if we're not talking about a tight turn around.