Traveling with Cross Stitch

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
MonkeyCatcher
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Traveling with Cross Stitch

Post by MonkeyCatcher »

Eliste wrote:
DevilAngelWolf27 wrote: Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane."
Aka, if you get a security guy who's having a * of a day, or if the terror alert has been raised because of something like a little thing called ISIS, or they're on high alert due to the possibility of ebola, then you're gonna be SOL. Or at least that's what seems to have happened to me.
Yup, I think you're right. I flew from New Zealand to England this year, and managed to make it through NZ and Hong Kong security with embroidery scissors in my carry on on the outbound flight. Even got them through Heathrow security on the way back, but Hong Kong security decided to take them off me on the way back through. Doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency - just depends who you get!