Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Buying Old NES Hardware

Forum and Craft Related Topics...
johloh
Site Admin

Re: Buying Old NES Hardware

Post by johloh »

Famicom wrote:yea i just bid on a NES with a refurbished 72 pin connector. i needed to get ny mario fix.
let us know how much it ends up going for...im curious.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Famicom
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Famicom »

johloh wrote:
Famicom wrote:yea i just bid on a NES with a refurbished 72 pin connector. i needed to get ny mario fix.
let us know how much it ends up going for...im curious.
Hey just to let you know i won it! So it came out to 51.79$US, plus shipping and handling. Nothing fancy just the console and controllers and mario/duck hunt, i feel this is a pretty good proce considering its refurbished, now times to start collecting games!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Famicom wrote:Hey just to let you know i won it! So it came out to 51.79$US, plus shipping and handling.
thats a way decent price...I keep expecting them to skyrocket in price, but I guess people just consider them old still at this point...a few more years and they'll be "collectable"
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Famicom
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Famicom »

Just an update. i got my refurbished NES this past week and it works great! all my games have launched like instantly no blowing or fiddling or anything.

earth_element
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by earth_element »

I've still got my grey box kicking about....think it's in one of the kids rooms w/ the games. She works, but needs a new connection cord for the box/tv.

residentgeek
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by residentgeek »

I was at Vintage Stock a few days ago looking for parts to get my Sega Genesis back up and running. The SNES systems were going for $74.99 - that included the box, a controller, and the power/RF adapter. I don't know if they had new parts inside or not. My poor unappreciated Sega was going for $35 with all the parts. I ended up getting an RF adapter for $5 plus a controller since that's all I needed. Most of the games were in the $3-6 range. If you've got a Vintage Stock nearby it'd be worth a look if only to find the pieces you need to make it work.

librebel
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by librebel »

Thanks for posting the pricing information, y'all. I'm now unemployed and having to put money into fixing the InFocus projector (color wheel is dying) but I will get the old NES running soon after, so I'll let you know how swapping the pin connector goes.

Famicom
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Famicom »

yeh ive been getting my snes going as well. i got 2 bad audio/video cables so i gotta go to the flea market and get annnnnnnnnnnother one. the joy of vintage games haha :D