Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Master Chief sprites

all non-video game related pattern requests...
nyssa
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Master Chief sprites

Post by nyssa »

Okies, so it turns out making your own patterns is harder than it looks :blush: . I'm looking for some help in translating these sprites into patterns to put on a bookmark (I don't have PC stitch or anything :( ). One of either the height or width of the sprites can't be any more than 26 stitches so that they'll fit on the banding I'm using for the bookmark, but other than that I'm open to suggestion. If someone could have a look for me please I would be very grateful.
Thanks again :)

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Master Chief sprites

Post by jelibe »

I think they will be quite hard to translate into 26 stitches! Looking at them in their pixelated form they look more than that.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

jelibe wrote:I think they will be quite hard to translate into 26 stitches! Looking at them in their pixelated form they look more than that.
agreed. its difficult to reduce the size of a picture, but its near impossible to reduce the size of a sprite like this.

if you want to do a bookmark, maybe a halo logo?

those are great sprites though, you should use them on a different project!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Hinata Kidou
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Hinata Kidou »

I can try and reduce the size of the third sprite if you want, I counted the big pixels and I might be able to bring it down to 19 pixels/stitches across.

Edit: Here you go, I tried to make it as accurate as possible, but .jpg isn't a very good format for small sprites, I usually recommend either .png or .gif.

I hope it helps :grin:

nyssa
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by nyssa »

Haha yeah I realised after I posted that they were going to be quite big :blush: .
Hinata Kidou wrote:I can try and reduce the size of the third sprite if you want, I counted the big pixels and I might be able to bring it down to 19 pixels/stitches across.
Thanks heaps! He's a perfect size now. I think I should be able to find some colours to see what he stitches up like in my box hehe. I'll keep a bigger project in mind for the other sprites as well I think, and keep looking around for things to put on my bookmark :). Thanks for having a look for me guys.