Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Luigi and Daisy

all non-video game related pattern requests...
japandagirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Luigi and Daisy

Post by japandagirl »

I really, really want to make my boyfriend a framed art thing for Christmas, and considering how easily distracted I am with things, I figured now would be a good time to start it! I can't find anything with Luigi and Daisy, since the two aren't actually an official couple via Nintendo. All I have been able to find are fan art pictures, which if done well I am actually ok with. I want this to be framed like I said, and medium sized when completed. I would just need to know what count fabric to purchase. I am not a beginner, but the fewer colors that it could be without it starting to look weird would be great. I am also thinking about putting some Mario sprites around the edges as a border, but am not sure...

This is the picture I love the most:
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/i/ ... y_Club.jpg

I do now have KG-Chart.

I really appreciate this, and hope someone can help me! :Luigi

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Luigi and Daisy

Post by Caiella »

Spoiler
Luigi and Daisy.jpg
Luigi and Daisy.jpg (84.85 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
Tada! Hope 58 (I think) colours isn't too many, but it's at an ok size. If it's too big or whatever, just say ^^
Attachments
Luigi and Daisy.sth
(28.67 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
Luigi and Daisy.pdf
(301.92 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
Last edited by Caiella on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

japandagirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by japandagirl »

I love it! It looks great! The size is just perfect! I kinda wish there were fewer colors, like around 20-30... but, the fact that you did it in the first place is what truly makes me appreciate! thank you so much! I cannot wait to start it, and I know that my boyfriend will absolutely love it! thanks so much again! :Luigi :nod

Cerity
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Cerity »

You can try to hand-edit the colors down to 20-30 because a lot of them are similar. That's the problem with .jpg files, there is a bit of anti-aliasing and blurring between color groups. If I didn't have finals this week, I'd try and clean it up for you. Good luck! :Luigi

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

Currently cleaning it up now (taking a break from writing a paper...) so didn't realise just how many colours with 2/3 stitches there was... Hopefully posting a new version sometime today (depending how quickly I write this paper... /sigh)

Edit: Woo done! Down to 27 colours!
Spoiler
Luigi and Daisy Version 2.jpg
Luigi and Daisy Version 2.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 13407 times
I'm pretty happy with how this turned out ^^ So glad I went back (thanks go to Cerity for that!), because it'd used a colour which doesn't look like a skin tone in real life to me... (3855...)
Attachments
Luigi and Daisy Version 2.pdf
(217.75 KiB) Downloaded 587 times

Cerity
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Cerity »

Great job, Caiella! The pattern is just so adorable, I'm glad it was made more manageable :peach

japandagirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by japandagirl »

That's awesome! Thanks sooooo much! I actually went out and bought all 58 colors last night, but I am totally ok with returning some of them to make it easier! Again, thanks so much! It looks soooo cute! I can't wait to get started on it! :Luigi

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

japandagirl wrote: I can't find anything with Luigi and Daisy, since the two aren't actually an official couple via Nintendo.
they arent? interesting.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Daizeh
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Daizeh »

Daisy's relationship with Luigi is fake, as well as Peach's relationship with Mario. It's only to hide that the Princesses are in love with each other. <3

japandagirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by japandagirl »

uh... I don't think so...

This is the info I was finding for Daisy.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Princess_Daisy
It says that Luigi has feelings for her, but nothing about them actually going out. I love Daisy, and always use her as a character if possible! :Luigi