Current Challenge - In Game Ads -

Mario Kart Request

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mario Kart Request

Postby Greanbeens » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Greetings!

I was wondering if someone could help me by making a pattern for the attatched image.

I'm not sure how big it should be, considering there is a bit of detail i think it should be at least A4 size (but more square) larger is fine, sorry i don't have a ruler/tape measure! As much colour as can be included would be great, and i was thinking of going with 18 count cloth. If the picture is too detailed let me know, i will understand.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Edit: Oh, and i use DMC floss, so if the colours could be by that brand, that would be great.

Edit 2: I use the KG program to view patterns.
Attachments
Super-Mario-Kart.jpg
Super-Mario-Kart.jpg (72.94 KiB) Viewed 7976 times

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Mario Kart Request

Postby mud » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 am

here you go.
29.7 cm wide, as an a4.
18 count

this also acts as proof that i can make patterns wile hung over.
Attachments
Super-Mario-Kart.sth
(161.68 KiB) Downloaded 689 times

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Greanbeens » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:23 am

That is fantastic, exactly what i wanted. Thank you very very much for your time and effort, particularly hungover! :yahoo:

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby Greanbeens » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 pm

I've just been going over the pattern and there seems to be an awful lot of colour in there, to do with the 'shading' of the colours. I was wondering what the more experienced people here think it might turn out like? I've been editing some of the larger areas as they looked a bit blotchy, but actually sewn i'm not sure if all the details will be clear enough. For example donkey kongs eyes, bowsers hand, things like that. Would having less colours make it more "clear"? I don't want it seeming all washed out or too simple.

I've only stiched the Mario Totem bookmark before, so any expert opinions or tips would be appreciated.

Also, i still really appreciate the pattern being made for me, i'm trying not to nitpick!

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby Greanbeens » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:59 pm

After looking at some of the pattern making guides on these forums, i was wondering if we could try less colours for this pattern? Sorry, i don't want to seem ungrateful but it's looking a bit complicated at the moment. Any help much appreciated.

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby mud » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:30 am

NP. How many colours do you want?

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby Greanbeens » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:56 pm

mud
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby mud » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Here it is with 50 colours.
If you want to try changing it yourself, just open KG-Chart, go to File -> Import. Choose the image-file you want, then set the size you'd like either in number of stitches or in cm. Then at the bottom of the window you can set no. of colours.

Good luck!
//Mud
Attachments
Super-Mario-Kart50.sth
(145.43 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

Greanbeens
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Postby Greanbeens » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 pm

double j
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Postby double j » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Has anyone finished this project yet? This is one I printed out but I would like to see what it looks like finished before I start it.

Return to “Pattern Requests - Non Video Game”