Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Gir and Piggy Housewarming

all non-video game related pattern requests...
SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Gir and Piggy Housewarming

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Well that one opened! I will see if I can get it cleaned up later, and made into a pattern.

Glitches
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Glitches »

I actually made the image in Adobe Photoshop CS6, edited the background off Gir and Piggy and then added in the words, saved it as a JPG, then when i re did it, i took the JPG and turned it into a PNG, I can redo it and save it strictly as a PNG from scratch if will help?

Glitches
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Glitches »

I am not overly converned on the colors, im probably going to pick out my own and do it that way, i just really need the template for placement and square counts. Thank you guys so much for helping! I am not sure why this one is being such a pain in the butt though..

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I was able to open the one that BMH made and have cleaned it up pretty well. I will try it in KG Chart later today as I am getting tired now.

Glitches
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Glitches »

Ahhh! yay! Thank you so much!!! So excited hehe!

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I have put it into my pattern maker program that I use (KG Chart). I am cleaning it up removing all the excess white around the image itself and then it should be ready for you.

Glitches
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Glitches »

Oh I am so stoked!!!! Yay! Can't wait now :D

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I've got the image cleaned up nicely and it looks fantastic, but there is a problem... I remembered you saying you wanted 14 ct aida so I chose that with the pattern maker, but I hadn't taken note of the size you were asking for... The image is much larger than what you're asking for.

Having some 14 ct aida here, I measured out a 5x10 inch rectangle and counted the stitches in each direction.. For a 5x10 pieces, the 5 inch side should be about 71 stitches while the 10 inch side should come out to about 143. The image I have made for you is just over twice that size, coming in at 186 wide by 279 high. It is a 20 page pattern if you print it on standard 8x10 paper as most printers take, and two of the pages have no stitches on them so it is really 18 pages that have stitching. I did try making the image smaller with my image editor GIMP, but it looks terrible. If you'd like to see the image as it is right now, I can print to a pdf for you. Let me know what you'd like me to do.

Glitches
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Glitches »

Ok well, what would my options be then? I was thinking an 5x10 because I thought it would be a nice size and easy to find a picture frame. What would be the ideal size? If I need to render the picture down to a manageable size I can do that in my adobe ps, but I won't be home until sometime tomorrow afternoon. I am not overly picky about this, but I don't want a mural size either lol

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I am honestly not sure what you should do. There are only a few of the pages that are almost full of stitches. Most of the pages are only 1/4 to 1/3 full of stitches possibly. I can try different sizes of aida. I know you said 14 seems to be the easiest to get, but there are many online places you can get higher counts that aren't too expensive depending on where you live.