Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Metroid Fusion

all non-video game related pattern requests...
Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Metroid Fusion

Post by Blink190 »

Alright, I was gonna try and keep this project a secret until I finished my Golden Sun portrait project, but I decided to start it regardless. Until I realized that for some reason, neither PCStitch Pro nor KGChart are giving me the right colors. They're both missing some of the lighter colors and giving me really different ones that I don't want to use whatsoever. I'm hoping someone here can get me a pattern for this image, but one that actually works. I do feel as though KGChart is the more accurate one of the two, however, both programs are missing the dark purple that is close to the black on the left side of the image.

If anyone can get me a really accurate pattern, it'd be really appreciated.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Metroid Fusion

Post by Servotron »

Try upping the brightness on the picture before you import it into KG Chart. That might help get the colours you want.
Image Image Image Image

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Servotron wrote:Try upping the brightness on the picture before you import it into KG Chart. That might help get the colours you want.
I tried. KGChart wound up combining a bunch of colors together, and PCStitch was just taking the lightness of the picture and giving me those corresponding ones. I'm tempted to scrap this project, unless there's maybe some other way I can get it to work

TMurdock
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by TMurdock »

There's no real DMC equivalent to the dark purple, so I upped the Brightness slightly with one of the purples. The following might work since it helps to distinguish the purples from the blacks within the photo.

Anyways, tell me how the attached looks and whether too many colors are combined.
Attachments
Metroid ZM New.sth
(109.5 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by riotpatch »

I can get it to look like this in KG Chart:

It looks pretty close to me...
Metroid.pdf
(920.09 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Hope this helps. =]

ETA: Oh, I see that someone beat me to it. =P

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

Yeah, I wanted to get it exactly like the original picture, but part of it still doesn't look right. I did find something else I wanna do that has an accurate pattern, so I'm gonna shelve this one, at least for the time being. Thanks very much though, I really appreciate it! : )