Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

hi! someone help?

all non-video game related pattern requests...
yoshig90
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

hi! someone help?

Post by yoshig90 »

I know that most people on this forum post requests for video game, anime and/or manga, and other wonderful types of things we all love, but I've been searching forever and I need help making a pattern for one of my favorite rock bands. If someone can please help out and do me this favor, it would be great. :yoshi http://betterpropaganda.com/images/artw ... ld_480.jpg

I don't really care how big it is...as long as it's not huge or too small. I know this is vague, but I would just really apreciate anything you guys can give me for this pic. Thank you so much.

johloh
Site Admin

Re: hi! someone help?

Post by johloh »

not to be a jerk, but I think at certain point we're going to have to put some rules on this pattern request section.... what do you guys think?
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

theBoz
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by theBoz »

you said it, but I think it should also go for the entire site.
Casue 1.I've seen like 5 people post things that have DIDLY SQUAT to do with video games or crafting for that matter
2.If you lok at the top of the page it clearly says SPRITE STITCH A COMMUNITY FOR VIDEO GAME CRAFTERS...

yoshig90
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by yoshig90 »

yes, i clearly see that....this is why i stated that I already knew the fact. I'm sorry to bother. I was just desperate for someone to help. It isn't necessary anymore. Thank you.

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

From what I've seen there are very few active cross stitching forums (like this one) and the ones that are active are more for the cross stitchers who are into doilies and flower pillows. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that, you're more likely to get help for a Nibbler pattern (which has nothing to do with video games) in a video game forum where people have similar interests than a forum for Precious Moments and kitten patterns.
Image Image Image Image

Nitewing
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Nitewing »

I think all we have to do is move this to the Non Video Game Projects forum and then the problem is solved. No need to make a huge fuss about it.

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Nitewing wrote:I think all we have to do is move this to the Non Video Game Projects forum and then the problem is solved. No need to make a huge fuss about it.
Except that yoshig90 was requesting a pattern in the correct sub-forum and moving it would only confuse things. If you really want to keep the non-video game stuff separate from the rest of the site, you either ban it outright, or you make a separate pattern request board for non-video game stuff to go with the Non Video Game Projects sub-forum.

Also, I don't think it is fair to de-rail someone's thread with a discussion like this. This could easily have been discussed in the Miscellaneous sub-forum.
Image Image Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Servotron wrote:Also, I don't think it is fair to de-rail someone's thread with a discussion like this. This could easily have been discussed in the Miscellaneous sub-forum.
you're right...its not really a big deal anyway. if someone requests something non video game related and nobody feels like doing it then it just doesnt get done, and if someone feels like being nice and doing it anyway, all the power to them.

I officially declare this discussion over! :wiz
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"