Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

JAN/FEB Challenge - Portraits!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: JAN/FEB Challenge - Portraits!

Post by Miss Clawful »

I wanted to make another really large cross-stitch for this challenge before it ended but at this time I can't, so found something small that I thought would be cute, easy and fun to stitch, Birdo from Wario's Woods.

Unfortunately I don't have a frame to fit her so will have to settle with the border stitched around her as her makeshift frame. This is most likely it for me on these portraits, as its kinda difficult for me to stitch much right now, but am going to keep trying to stitch something. I'm not here as much as I'd like to be, but have glimpsed over a bit here and there, and hope to see a lot more from everyone else before challenge is over with.

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

I am pleased to say that no containers of beads were harmed by being dumped on the floor, during my last stretch of work on Carmen. 22 more rows to go, and then the finishing. This is going to measure about 3.5" x 5" when I'm done; the biggest project I've attempted in all of my beading adventures. You all are killin me with the more than one entry lol, I'll be lucky if I get this done before the end of the month. LOVES ALL THE ENTRIES! :D
~Steph~
2013_2-17_carmen.JPG
2013_2-17_carmen.JPG (177.52 KiB) Viewed 5855 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I just love that bead work! :D

And Miss Clawful, where do you find the time for extra portraits? Yours are all fab. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Jatz22
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Jatz22 »

Hey guys, im unsure if imma be able to complete my second entry as ive just gotten miself a second job to help with bills so not much time free anymore lol. Imma try mi hardest but if tym ends im just guna upload a pic of how it is at then end of then month. Hope that will be okies :)
Current Projects:
Pokemon gen 1. (page 1 of 30)
Christmas Cards 2013 (11made so far)
Keychains as presents

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

glitch wrote: What does the pattern behind Snorlax look like? trying to see the awesomeness and I am failing!
I got the pattern behind him from The Cross Stitcher's Bible. I've been trying to scan it in but I'm having problems with my scanner. As soon as I get it sorted, I'll post a pic of what the pattern looks like.
EDIT: It's a bit crooked, but this is the pattern:
Spoiler
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

glitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by glitch »

starrley wrote:
glitch wrote: What does the pattern behind Snorlax look like? trying to see the awesomeness and I am failing!
I got the pattern behind him from The Cross Stitcher's Bible. I've been trying to scan it in but I'm having problems with my scanner. As soon as I get it sorted, I'll post a pic of what the pattern looks like.
EDIT: It's a bit crooked, but this is the pattern:
Spoiler
Oh! Pretty. Thank you!
I live under a rock, where it's nice and cool.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

This vote is going to be epic. I can't wait.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

kuja.girl wrote:This vote is going to be epic. I can't wait.
Same here! :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

Finshed this yesterday, the 23rd. Being able to only work on it at weekends equates to about four days of solid work. As of right now, I don't know whether to edge it and make it into a patch, or frame it, or make it a hanging. Anyway, ladies and gents, I give to you Ms. Carmen Sandiego. She measures 4 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches long. I added the original in-game dossier to go with this. It was supposed to be a drop-shadow effect, but I didn't like the holes I would have had to leave at the top right and bottom left corners, so I just filled it in instead. :)
~Steph~
2013_2-23_carmen_art.PNG
2013_2-23_carmen_art.PNG (409.63 KiB) Viewed 5658 times

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Carmen turned out beautifully! Looks like I have another favorite. Just too many great entries this time around.