Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Charity Quilt(s) 2013

Post by Lileya »

blackmageheart wrote:
Lileya wrote:Is this too specific? Can I use that as my image for my square or I should try picking something more "screenshot from the game"?
That is fine, I've done a Phantasy Star cutscene image before and they work really well as squares. But goddammit! I was gonna do Phantasy Star IV as I still have a pattern from last year! :D

Oh well...guess there's always that Phantasy Star II pattern I have, too :D
XD

Well, the other games I would love to do (if I had the time) would be MegaMan X, Resident Evil and Valkyrie Profile. So hopefully those aren't your favorite games too because I'll seriously start considering we got seperated at birth or something!! :confused:
jadely wrote:
Also, should I use 2 strands or 3 strands when stitching? I typically use 3, but I want to do what everyone else is doing :)
I had the same question.
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Lileya wrote:Well, the other games I would love to do (if I had the time) would be MegaMan X, Resident Evil and Valkyrie Profile. So hopefully those aren't your favorite games too because I'll seriously start considering we got seperated at birth or something!! :confused:
OMG..! Although I love Resi and VP, I wouldn't be stitching em. You go for the PSIV one, I always loved that image from the ending. <3 Rika :D
jadely wrote:Also, should I use 2 strands or 3 strands when stitching? I typically use 3, but I want to do what everyone else is doing :)
I would recommend that everyone use 2 strands, it's fine on 16ct. Not saying 3 doesn't work, just that 2 is fine. Also saving on thread! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

jadely
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by jadely »

I'm loving everyone's designs! It is so much fun to see how creative everyone is with this, and how excited we all get :yahoo:

Yet another reason this is the BEST forum out there.

Now, on to convince my husband it is an absolute necessity that I make my second run to the craft store this week.......
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Current Projects
Star Wars Alphabet book

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

2 or 3 strands is fine. Most people use 2, but if you want it to be thicker, 3 is also ok.

So far all of the patterns everyone has posted so far look great! They all follow the rules and will be a great addition to a quilt.

merrywether
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by merrywether »

blackmageheart wrote:
merrywether wrote:I have admired the work you all have done on these quilts in previous years. I am excited to participate this year. Just signed up for two squares.... now to decide what scenes to use for the patterns...... :)
I feel I must praise you for choosing Mystic Quest. Would have done something from that myself if I'd thought about it! :D

Thanks :) Mystic Quest was one of my fav games for the SNES.
I think so, Brain, but can the gummi worms really live in peace with the marshmallow chicks?
I think so, Brain, but if they called them "sad meals" nobody would buy them.

Merrywether's Stitchings:
Etsy Shop
Facebook Page

Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lileya »

blackmageheart wrote:
OMG..! Although I love Resi and VP, I wouldn't be stitching em. You go for the PSIV one, I always loved that image from the ending. <3 Rika :D
Aren't Chaz and Rika so adorable together? Everytime I complete the game and see the ending, I shed a tear. If I wasn't going to do that screenshot, I was definitely going to choose one from the sequence when Alys dies. That part was so sad too, when Rika comes and comforts Chaz.

PSIV was such a great game, the characters were so well developed and felt real (and not stereotypical like in newer games). They don't make good jrpgs like that anymore... :cry:

Sorry, I got carried away! :blush:

Edit: I can't spell...
Last edited by Lileya on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

Not sure if I'll be signing up this year. Being a slow stitcher and into so many other crafts, I usually can't get to any of my other cross-stitches when I sign up because they take me so long. As the year progresses, I may change my mind but for now...

Everyone's patterns look great so far!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

merrywether wrote:Mystic Quest was one of my fav games for the SNES.
+1
Lileya wrote:PSIV was such a great game, the characters were so well developed and felt real (and not sterotypical like in newer games). They don't make good jrpgs like that anymore...
+1

I can already see how awesome the next quilt(s) will be!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Ishtar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Ishtar »

I was hoping to see this posted! Would love to join in <3

*tries to think how she can make an official image from Journey small enough*

I need to check how my 'schedule' will go but will probably do (or also do) a Harvest Moon one if possible...

Would also love to try Little Big Planet but again shrinking may be an issue.
"A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot" - Alan Bennett in 'The Library Book'

Image Image

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

So, I also signed up for Super Mario Bros. 2, as that was one of my favorite games as a kid. Also, because it's more pixalated than the previous one I chose, I was able to make a pattern for it (pixel by pixel....ugh....).

I was just wondering if someone could take a quick look and see if it'll work. Since I did it all by hand, I tried to eyeball the colors, but if someone could just double check them, that would be awesome. :)

EDIT: Oops, forgot to get a picture. Here's what it'll look like, although sized down to 96x96
Spoiler
SMB 2.sth
(10.91 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign