Also, the glow thing?
No votes

Total votes: 25

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: AUG Challenge - Theme?

Post by blackmageheart »

I love the glow one, but think maybe we should leave it for a bit later, it'll give anyone who hasn't used it a chance to buy/try it and come up with some ideas.

I think it's coming down to the One Game thing or the Stuffies, both of which are great ideas! I'm wondering if the Stuffies would need a bit longer than one month to do (for stuffie noobs) though. And if we go One Game, which game would it be? I'm happy to write a ton of game names down and pick it out of my Hat if necessary!

Quick vote, I think. To the Black Mage Mobile!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I hope we'll keep biscornus in the possibility pile, though! It's just fun to say. Biscornu. Bis-coooooooorrrrrrrrnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

If we set a limit on the size of the stuffie/soft toy then a month should be fine.
Seriously if you can back stitch and straight stitch you can make one of these. They can be super simple or really detailed - it depends on the style.
I'm going to post some links to tutorials/free patterns to show you how easy it is.

"Easter" Birdy - basic stuffie with good instructions and photos on how it is put together.
Zombie - super simple. Everyone can do this one.

If you have Facebook I have some photos of some I made a few years ago which are 6-8".
I have no idea if that link will work so here's the best image from the bunch as well.
Spoiler
my examples
my examples
487257_4024923273400_510236165_n.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

I have around 50 Pokemon amigurumi patterns to make some plushies so I'd love to do that, but I can't quite get past the one-game challenge, although I'd rather know what the game would be before we start. I CAN'T CHOOSE :confused:
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

RMDC wrote:I hope we'll keep biscornus in the possibility pile, though! It's just fun to say. Biscornu. Bis-coooooooorrrrrrrrnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Technically, a biscornu could be considered a "stuffie," yes? It is stuffed... :grin:

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:Technically, a biscornu could be considered a "stuffie," yes? It is stuffed... :grin:
lol that's a unique point of view but a valid point ;)

It's a tight race between stuffies and one game - this is kind of exciting :D
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

kuja.girl wrote:It's a tight race between stuffies and one game - this is kind of exciting :D
Understatement! I need this vote to go one way by the end of today so I can get the thing officially started!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Alright - one game challenge sneaked in there at the end.

So, is there a game in particular anyone wants to do, should I choose one, or shall we pluck one randomly from the ether? Failing all those, I'll ask my daughter, she's usually good for random answers :good:

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I think you should take suggestions and then draw randomly from those.

My vote is Donkey Kong Country!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

funkymonkey wrote:I think you should take suggestions and then draw randomly from those.
Good idea!

Everyone, let's have your One Game suggestions. I'll collect em up and randomly choose one!