Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
johloh
Site Admin

August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Post by johloh »

The next two month challenge theme is Bonuses, Power-Ups, Upgrades etc...Your craft project (doesn't have to be stitching) needs to be loosely based on this theme! Post patterns, progress, final projects, whatever you want in here...

winners will be chosen by a vote once all submissions are in!

Submissions are due by September 30th!!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Another vote :|

I won't be entering then, I regret enough spending the time on the last 'contest' only to have the winner decided by opinion based on visual and not the effort that went into putting together the projects. I might post up a pattern or something if I get the motivation but I won't be stitching.

Have fun to all who do enter though, it will be fun watching the pieces come alive. I can't wait to see what your imaginations can come up with.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yes, sorry icedevimon...I took your ideas into consideration, but I can't really come up with a better system of voting on the winner of the contest...so atleast for another round I'll use voting. sorry.

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I want mine to be a surprise....but I'm working with the idea of powerups/abilities for mine more than the bonuses and upgrades aspect of it.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Amanda wrote:I want mine to be a surprise....but I'm working with the idea of powerups/abilities for mine more than the bonuses and upgrades aspect of it.
good! I try to make the challenge kinda open-ended so people can end up working on something they like, rather than purely something for the challenge.

missy-tannenbaum
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by missy-tannenbaum »

I have never posted on the forums here before, but I am hoping to enter the contest for this month! It sounds like a lot of fun, and I am already planning at least a few patterns to pick from when it comes to stitching something.

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

I just might have time to do the challenge this time. Sounds like a fun one, but I have to think of something good...

The judging system is a bit limited but I think probably many of our voters took a few minutes to think of which entry was best based not only on looks (pretty important though) but also on the thought, layout, etc. involved in it. (I hope I didn't just say anything to offend anyone, I don't mean to at all!) This is a pretty cool group here and we're all crafters -- I bet a lot of people thought about it first.

Anyway this new challenge will bring some more awesome game memories... I can't wait to see some :D

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I definetley put some thought into making my selection (I chose the Rock Band theme). I thought Sonic was really good but Rock Band swung it for me with the colour coded cheat, quite good.

I thought I would do something with one of my beach bags this time round. Quite practical reasons really. With the competition open to all crafts, not just cross stitching, I thought I could try my hand at making a collage of sorts on a bag. The bag is red with a green handle (makes me think of Mario when I look at it). Hopefully it will turn out quite nice, but if it doesn't its ok cause it was free from a magazine anyway, Lol. I'm very much into Mario Kart at this time so my ideas will come from there. I'm still thinking which power ups I will use.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

I chose Rock Band also. But my choice wasn't based purely on appearance compared to the others. I took into consideration many things, such as how easy it was take stitch AND make the pattern, the stitch count, how the colors looked against the fabric, size, ect... Rock Band took a lot of editing in order to shrink the logo and still make it look presentable. The fabric was also clean and flat, compared to the winning entry. That is important to me for some reason. I always wash my projects and press the fabric so that it flattens out. Mine was a pain in that aspect too, because I used a scroll frame while I was working, and the whole thing curved together.

Do glitches count for this contest? I have a fun idea but I'm not sure it would apply. I may or may not stitch it, but I still probably won't submit it. Principle and all. :twisted: It still would be fun to make the pattern.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

Icedevimon13 wrote:Do glitches count for this contest? I have a fun idea but I'm not sure it would apply.
It would depend on the glitch...If it is a glitch that makes you more powerful I'd say it counts as a 'powerup'...