Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
KidArtemis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: August/Septem Challenge!! - Bonuses, Powerups, Upgrades...

Post by KidArtemis »

This sounds interesting. Dunno what to make or do yet. Since I'm a culinary student, how about something edible? Would that be alright?

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I think I remember an old scolling beat em up game where the power ups was a plate of food but I can't remember what the game was.
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

I am kind of hoping that glitches will be their own contest sometime...I have a glitch that I'd love to stitch but I need the motivation...

Thanks to the Olympics mine is about half done...
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

KidArtemis wrote:how about something edible? Would that be alright?
of course!
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

gillianms
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gillianms »

I'm getting started on my submission: my plan is to make a lined drawstring bag with a fire flower stitched on the front. I've made the cross stitch pattern and have a plan for making the bag. Unfortunately nowhere in my town seems to sell waste canvas, so I need to wait (impatiently!) for that to show up from ordering it online.

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

nice gillian! im glad to see people branching out from a pure cross stitch project...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I've starting outlining the mushrooms and star for my bag onto a white old tshirt (I'm going for recycled). I like recycling as mush as possible as its great making stuff out of whats around your home (and its free) but I'm stuggling to find some of my colours! I still need Green and Yellow!

I had a major setback yesterday when I lost my fabric scissors, I realise that they are the MOST important part of crafting! I'm quite upset cause I've had them for years and I used them for everything :( I think its at the bottom of the settee but I can't reach that far so I'm going to have to buy some more! O well, a good excuse for a shopping trip ;)
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

jelibe wrote:I think I remember an old scolling beat em up game where the power ups was a plate of food but I can't remember what the game was.
Might you be thinking of Streets of Rage? Every so often a great big piece of beef would pop out of a broken phone booth or barrel or whatnot.

http://soronline.classicgaming.gamespy. ... _items.htm
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

Pendelton21
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Pendelton21 »

Hey, guys,

My name's Pendelton. I've been a big reader of the forums and Sprite Stitch itself for some time. I decided to show you guys my work-in-progress for this month's contest, made out of Perler Beads. When I first heard about the contest, I was thinking about what my favorite power-up in gaming history is. Well, I think most people here have played Chrono Trigger before, and know about the amazing power of, and quest you must do to get, The Masamune, one of the best weapons in the game. So, I decided to make a design combining both Masa and Mune (the holders of the sword), and the Masamune itself. So far, this is what I've completed:

Hopefully, once I get some more beads this weekend, I'll have the full version done and posted soon. I hope you guys like it!
Ark of The Covenant Creations: Melting more than just *!

MistWraith
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by MistWraith »

Mmmmm...Masamune. Nice work Pendelton. Nothing says lovin like a 16-Bit sprite in the oven.