Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18
PLEASE read all of the rules before you start. If you send a square that does not follow the rules it will not be used.
* You must use 16 count white/off-white/cream aida (NO colored Aida! No exceptions.)
* at least 13" x 13" total canvas size (it will be cut down before quilting, but there must be extra to cut)
* 96x96 stitch working space (6" x 6"). Please measure your aida before stitching to make sure 96x96 is a 6" x 6" space. If you need an extra row or column to make it 6"x6" you can add it.
* Every square within your 96x96 must be stitched. This is for a quilt so there can not be any open unstitched squares. Please do not add any backstitching.
* Do not use metallic, glow in the dark, or floss that is a different consistency from standard floss
* This is fun and for charity. No negativity.
Your choice of what to stitch
* Must be a scene from a video game, no original creations or just logos. It can be an opening or closing shot, the scene doesn't have to be within the game.
* You can stitch a single character as long as it fills most of the square and the specific game can easily be identified. For example a Kirby would not be accepted, although this Kirby would: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tnitnetny/kirby.jpg. would because it is obviously from Return to Kirby's Dreamland.
* Please only one scene per game to make the quilt(s) interesting. Games from previous years can be repeated, but please do a different scene. Let's try to make each year unique.
* Once you know your scene, sign up on the spreadsheet so there are no repeats. Feel free to make more than one square, but you are only allowed to sign up for 2 squares at a time. If you finish those two squares, you can sign up for one more square at a time until it is finished.
There is a space for your name on the spreadsheet if you want the Certificate that accompanies the quilt to show it.
* Here are the squares from previous years:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... C00290.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... C00289.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... G_0776.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... 0faf93.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... 4474eb.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... 687c82.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... 2055b5.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/tni ... lsvsd1.jpg
If you need help creating your pattern here is a great tutorial put together by Sprite Stitch member funkymonkey.
Part 1 Getting Started - http://youtu.be/j9QnNZnqDKc
Part 2 Importing and Exporting with KG Chart - http://youtu.be/S8koN_vrv1w
Part 3 Importing and Exporting with PC Stitch - http://youtu.be/Vx7WyY2kvOE
Where to send your finished squares:
283 Admiral Drive
London, Ontario n5v 1j2
They MUST be received in my hands no later then March 1st (preferably Feb 1st) of 2019. If you are outside of Canada, please allow 3 weeks for shipping due to customs.
or if you are in the United States
2103 Crossgate Drive
Crofton, MD 21114
Please make sure you follow the rules exactly. If you send me a square that doesn't have the extra material around the square, I can't use it. If you use colored aida, I can't use it. If you send it after the deadline, it will be too late and used in the following year.
I will fill in as many squares as we need with embroidery and can make more than one quilt, so there is no limit to the amount of squares you want to make.