Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

JUNE Challenge - VG Animals & Animal Companions

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

JUNE Challenge - VG Animals & Animal Companions

Post by blackmageheart »

Hello all and welcome to June's challenge! This month we are doing video game animals and animal companions. Should be pretty easy, and hopefully there will be lots of cute and cuddly entries!
Examples of VG animals & companions: Epona (Zelda), Flicky (Sonic), Interceptor (Final Fantasy VI) and so on. Before anyone asks, Yoshi does count as an animal and as a companion. So do Pokemon, but please keep to the animal-like 'mon for the challenge. Apart from that, feel free to choose whatever animal(s) you wish!

Please submit as many entries as you like, in any craft. Challenge ends June 30th - have fun!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: JUNE Challenge - VG Animals & Animal Companions

Post by Aegidia »

I feel honored that a theme I suggested was chosen! However, I do now feel the pressure to come up with something really good ;)

PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by PinkPoodle »

Oh, man! You could do Harvest Moon! Or a Mabari from Dragon Age! So many possibilities!
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch
Large Skyrim Perler project
A quilt I really need to finish

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

And I'm over here trying to think of something to do. I think I may have an idea, but we'll see if I have time to do it. lol.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

:D Oh my gosh this works so well with a little project I wanted to do! I need to stitch a design on a towel I have for my hair, and I have the PERFECT idea.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Well, I have a few ideas, including an idea for a painting. Not sure if we can enter paintings? Anyway, with these long days I don't sleep much + a lot of daylight = many hours in the evening for crafting! So hopefully I'll be able to finish one or two things for the challenge.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I am working on something for this and considering I started it yesterday, I'd say it's coming along good and I will probably be done with it tomorrow or Monday :) I REALLY hope it turns out good... It's only my second attempt at 3D plastic canvas...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Aegidia wrote:Well, I have a few ideas, including an idea for a painting. Not sure if we can enter paintings? Anyway, with these long days I don't sleep much + a lot of daylight = many hours in the evening for crafting! So hopefully I'll be able to finish one or two things for the challenge.
Of course you can enter paintings! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

blackmageheart wrote:Of course you can enter paintings! :)
Great! I wasn't sure if paintings were considered 'crafty' enough or if they fall firmly under the 'arts' in 'Arts & crafts' and ergo do not count as video game crafts. English... My mom and I participate in some handcrafts competitions in the UK and the number of times we've had to call the organisation to ask 'So, when you say 'freestyle embroidery', does that really mean I can do anything or is there a specific style that is called freestyle?' or 'What exactly is a glitten?' or 'Is a sundress the same thing as a summer dress or is it something you wear to the beach over your swimsuit?'

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

blackmageheart wrote:Before anyone asks, Yoshi does count as an animal and as a companion.
Well then, I think in honour of Yoshi's Woolly World coming out soon, I might just have to crochet myself a little Yoshi. :D