OCT Challenge - Zodiac

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: OCT Challenge - Zodiac

Post by ladycass »

Loving the Taurus :D
That which does not kill me shall regret ever having tried.

ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ladycass »

My Entry - Final Fantasy VI Scorpion (The ones you run into in the desert that can hurt you bad early on!)

Boyfriend is a Scorpio
Attachments
Scorpio1.jpg
Scorpio1.jpg (67.71 KiB) Viewed 5320 times

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Really like how it sits against that black aida, and the border is perfect!
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

ladycass wrote:My Entry - Final Fantasy VI Scorpion (The ones you run into in the desert that can hurt you bad early on!)

Boyfriend is a Scorpio
My girlfriend is a Scorpio. I was when this first started trying to fuse a Leo with a Scorpio (kind of a Manticore of sorts but actually two separate creatures) but its been a very bad month for me, damn thyroid is messing me up so bad lately. I was unable to focus or just did not have the will or energy to put into it, but my idea was to have a lioness with a scorpion riding on her back, scorpion's legs wrapped about the lion's body holding on while they combat some unknown foe together, both attacking with tails, the tip of the lion's tail a lit with fire, the scorpion's frosted over. I didn't get very far. Maybe someday.

At one point I suddenly had an idea of a scorpion with boggly eyes like a Trouter from Super Mario Bros 2 and when looking at the sprite immediately saw a scorpion in it. Idea coming into more focus when I looked at the Ostro enemy in that game too, its head looking like a scorpion tail and stinger. Added claws from Clawgrip, but then decided the boggle eyes didn't quite look right for it so used those from Hoopster instead. So during some boredom created a scorpion from a mash up of SMB2 enemies.

But then decided I was going to do something simple instead...

Was going to use these Solomon's Key Zodiac signs, at least that's how it started.

ImageImageImage

...but it just wasn't good enough that I felt I needed something more, so got to work on other options, and for every sign.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

WOW. That's a lot of hard work! I like the second "manticore" image, the refined one, a lot. (Think I might swipe it for a new take on the manticore in our D&D campaign, actually. :P ) The SMB2 mashup looks like it belongs in the game as it stands. And all those signs! I can't praise the contents of your post highly enough and only wish there was time for them to be stitched up for entry. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Thank you. I just came up with another idea. I can do Leo, thought up something really cute and clever. Working on Scorpio which basically means going through sprites for every game that I can think of that may have scorpion enemies.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Great chocolate monkeys!! Miss Clawful!!! Those are amazing!! What a huge effort. Would be awesome if you could share the patterns with us, I love that mash up scorpion! Oh and that Aries is impressive!!

Outstanding! :clap:
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

sawyerssnowflake
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sawyerssnowflake »

Your entry is awesome ladycass! I can tell you put a lot off time and effort into it. :clap:

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

QueenBex wrote:Great chocolate monkeys!! Miss Clawful!!! Those are amazing!! What a huge effort. Would be awesome if you could share the patterns with us, I love that mash up scorpion! Oh and that Aries is impressive!!

Outstanding! :clap:
The patterns are there, just download and put in whatever programs you work with. I work straight from Paint.

Like this:

You mean this Aries? From the Famicom game Last Armageddon:

ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ladycass »

sawyerssnowflake wrote:Your entry is awesome ladycass! I can tell you put a lot off time and effort into it. :clap: