Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: 2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Post by kuja.girl »

icedragonj wrote:I am doing something called the JET programme (Japan Exchange and Teaching). I will be an English teaching assistant for a year in a high school. It is a paid position and I am super excited! As well as quite nervous. Mostly excited though. :nod
My friend did JET for 3 years. She lived in the far north (so much snow!) and had some hilarious stories... Be prepared to get asked some very strange questions, eat awesome food, and have a great time.
When I was there for a few weeks I often got "Takai!" ("tall" and also "expensive") and once "shiroi" (white)... both of which were stating the obvious a bit.

Japan is out putting some AWESOME craft books lately and they also have a ton of supplies that are hard to get state-side. If you find anything amazing let us know! We can often find them on Amazon but they don't come up in searches (so the ISBN is the key piece of information needed for ordering).
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Indeed! I reckon you should create a new thread to share your experiences with us big or small! I'm sure we'd all like to hear about it :) best of luck to you on this JET programme :D
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ooh yes, good luck with that and keep us all informed!

Back to business - I'm extending the swap signup period until Friday because a) my shenanigans at the hospital put me behind schedule and b) the codeine is spacing me out so I need a couple of extra days to sort it out properly. Apologies for delaying the swap start and I hope this doesn't inconvenience anybody!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

Quick question. If you do the mini swap would it just be the size of everything combined equalling 5 x 7? So you can do a few small bits together?
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Hellfire wrote:Quick question. If you do the mini swap would it just be the size of everything combined equalling 5 x 7? So you can do a few small bits together?
Pretty much!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

blackmageheart wrote:
Hellfire wrote:Quick question. If you do the mini swap would it just be the size of everything combined equalling 5 x 7? So you can do a few small bits together?
Pretty much!
cool, thanks.
Think i'll stick to a mini for my first time.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Can I just remind everyone to also fill in the Google Doc when signing up? Thank you very much :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Oh my gosh. Between finals and graduation, I havn't been on here for over a week and I almost missed this. That would have been DEVASTATING.

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

I'm happy you extended the date for yourself, for people like SheWhoRoars, and for myself who is having an awful week. However, I wanted my craft partner the second I signed up. :P

Seriously though, I hope you're feeling better!
Image Image Image Image

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Oooh...thanks for the reminder. I signed up, but I was out of town for a few days, so I haven't gotten my survey completed yet. Will have to get that done tomorrow. :)
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign