Stitching for Charity 2014

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
alynna70
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2014

Post by alynna70 »

tnitnetny wrote:
tybear009 wrote:So, I know that I'm too late to get a square done for this year's quilt (I'm a SUPER slow stitcher), but I was wondering if this would work for me to start on for next year's quilt. It's an image of Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening. Should I put it on my to-do list for 2015's quilt or scrap it? Input on the idea is appreciated! :good:
I like it. You can definitely get a head start on next years quilt. I will probably put the sign up earlier this year, maybe right after the deadline of Sept 1. Just make sure if anyone wasn't able to finish their square or is starting early for next year you must sign it up RIGHT AWAY. If someone else takes your game first, then it has to wait another year.
I also won't be done this year by the deadline, so I will be signing up right away with the same square, and then I'll submit it for next year's quilt. I'll keep an eye open for the sign up sheet. Thanks!

tybear009
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tybear009 »

I'm about ready to start stitching my square for next year's quilt. Will the requirements (specifically fabric dimensions) be the same?
Current Project: Servo's Mario Through the Ages

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

MeiTow wrote:
tnitnetny wrote:Received some more squares while I was at GenCon. I have messaged the ones with notes.

I received a Creeper square from Jillian in AB without a note.
Did you get my two Toni? I had to have the kiddo find you and drop them off because I had a D&D 5e game I had to be at. She told me you got them but I didn't get a message from you so now I'm worried. LOL! Maybe my note fell off in the hustle and bustle...they were the Q-Bert and Snow Bros. squares.
I did! I meant I messaged the people that mailed them to me with notes. ;) She found me and I have them.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

tybear009 wrote:I'm about ready to start stitching my square for next year's quilt. Will the requirements (specifically fabric dimensions) be the same?
Yes, the requirements won't change for next year. Just make sure you don't do any of the same scenes as in previous years. As soon as I get this year's quilts tongether and have pictures of all the squares, I will get next years sign ups done.

tybear009
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tybear009 »

tnitnetny wrote:Yes, the requirements won't change for next year. Just make sure you don't do any of the same scenes as in previous years. As soon as I get this year's quilts tongether and have pictures of all the squares, I will get next years sign ups done.
No problem! I just wanted to make sure that I started on a piece that you could actually use. I know that you're REALLY busy with the holiday season coming up, so I appreciate such a speedy response. :)
Current Project: Servo's Mario Through the Ages

Philpepe
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Philpepe »

I'm sure you know may know by now that my square for this year did not get sent in time, so it will be held for next year's quilt.
Current Projects: Crocheting stuff, writing letters, cross stitching stuff oh, and making beer!

The Needle Artist
My Deviantart

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

tnitnetny wrote: I did! I meant I messaged the people that mailed them to me with notes. ;) She found me and I have them.
Phew! *wipes brow* Ok, I feel better now. LOL!

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

Any news on when the 2015 signup sheet will be posted? I've got my next pattern finalized and am looking forward to getting on the list. :D

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Delver01 wrote:Any news on when the 2015 signup sheet will be posted? I've got my next pattern finalized and am looking forward to getting on the list. :D
This years Charity quilt wasn't open until February, previous years have started around the end of December. It'll be up to tnitnetny to open up the new quilt - she constructs the quilts at the end so she is in charge of starting the new thread.
Image Image Image Image

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I was planning on doing it probably this weekend actually. I wanted to get the other picture posted tomorrow and then my video on Wednesday, then I can do the new sign up.