SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2014

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Kareesh wrote:
FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:
Kareesh wrote:
Ugh...I can barely do anything in the car. Stitch, read, nothin'. It sucks.
I thought I was the only one! I get vicious headaches whenever I try to read/cross stitch/look at my phone in a car.
Mine slightly starts with a headache, but it quickly moves to me being nauseated. Been like that ever since I was a kid. It wasn't a road trip unless I got sick in the car. Heh...
That's the way mine starts off! With the hardcore headaches that turn to nausea. Haha good to know I'm not that only one on here that does that :D I can usually play my ds, but the reading, stitching, drawing, anything else sets them off! And they are vicious

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

SheWhoRoars wrote:
Kareesh wrote:
FluffyBunnySlippers wrote: I thought I was the only one! I get vicious headaches whenever I try to read/cross stitch/look at my phone in a car.
Mine slightly starts with a headache, but it quickly moves to me being nauseated. Been like that ever since I was a kid. It wasn't a road trip unless I got sick in the car. Heh...
That's the way mine starts off! With the hardcore headaches that turn to nausea. Haha good to know I'm not that only one on here that does that :D I can usually play my ds, but the reading, stitching, drawing, anything else sets them off! And they are vicious
I used to be like that until I started commuting on the bus. When I was a kid the only way I could read in a car was headphones in, laying down across the backseat where I didn't feel the motion so much. When I began commuting, I started accidentally reading headlines over people's shoulders as there was a local paper that gave out free copies at my bus stop so someone always had one. It took years, but eventually I got used to it enough that I can now usually read now if its a relatively straight forward commute. I have to be hunched over my phone though so I can't see out the window at all, and if there's any bumps at all that's it, I'm sick.

I guess I'm lucky in that I've always been able to stitch in the car. That said, its not like its any fun on all the bad roads we have.

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

And I am finally done! I'll be dropping it off at GenCon! :)

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Eliste wrote:
It took years, but eventually I got used to it enough that I can now usually read now if its a relatively straight forward commute. I have to be hunched over my phone though so I can't see out the window at all, and if there's any bumps at all that's it, I'm sick.
Haha lucky! :D maybe I should start trying to train myself!

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by BooChocoBoom »

Yurtle wrote:And I am finally done! I'll be dropping it off at GenCon! :)
....and I won't be. Because life got in the way and I am not going to finish for this year's quilt. :cray: I'm sorry!

But we will be at Gen Con....I need to pack tonight! Ugh, so much to still do.
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Done!
journey_1.jpg
journey_1.jpg (187.39 KiB) Viewed 5785 times
Should be able to get it there in time. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tybear009
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tybear009 »

blackmageheart wrote:Done!
journey_1.jpg
Should be able to get it there in time. :)

So pretty!!! :clap:
Current Project: Servo's Mario Through the Ages

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

BooChocoBoom wrote:
Yurtle wrote:And I am finally done! I'll be dropping it off at GenCon! :)
....and I won't be. Because life got in the way and I am not going to finish for this year's quilt. :cray: I'm sorry!

But we will be at Gen Con....I need to pack tonight! Ugh, so much to still do.
And it is in Tnitnetny's hands! Also, Boo, it was nice to meet you this weekend!! :D

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Received some more squares while I was at GenCon. I have messaged the ones with notes.

I received a Creeper square from Jillian in AB without a note.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

tnitnetny wrote:Received some more squares while I was at GenCon. I have messaged the ones with notes.

I received a Creeper square from Jillian in AB without a note.
Did you get my two Toni? I had to have the kiddo find you and drop them off because I had a D&D 5e game I had to be at. She told me you got them but I didn't get a message from you so now I'm worried. LOL! Maybe my note fell off in the hustle and bustle...they were the Q-Bert and Snow Bros. squares.