Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitch-a-long theme?

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges

Please choose your three preferred ideas for a Stitch-A-Long!

Poll ended at Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 am

Legend of Zelda series
12%
Original 150 Pokemon
12%
Indie Games
1%
System specific
2%
Food
2%
Powerups
7%
Baddies
4%
Girl Power
4%
Yoshi
4%
Yoshi eggs
1%
Pokemon eggs
2%
Mario mushrooms
6%
Kirby
4%
Geeky / sci-fi
13%
Symbols / Logos
14%
Skylanders
No votes
Tomb Raider / Lara Croft
No votes
Pokemon (any gen)
6%
Resident Evil
2%
Valkyrie Profile
No votes
MegaMan
No votes
Sonic
3%
Bosses
3%
Co-op games
2%

Total votes: 120

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Stitch-a-long theme?

Post by icedragonj »

Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm a little confused. How did a thread about possible stitch along themes turn into something about a colouring book? Also what is meant by a colouring book in a sprite stitch context? I just don't understand what is being discussed... :confused:
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

The idea is make a pattern with just a black outline like you would see in a coloring book and then for everyone to choose their own colors to fill it in with. So everyone would have the same pattern, but each piece would be different. The problem now is finding a theme for the outlines that everyone (or most) will enjoy...
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK I have set up a little poll with a bunch of the suggested ideas and a few extra ones. You all have three votes so please vote for the ones you absolutely would be most happy doing. If there's a tie or a few very popular ones, I'll find a way to make everyone happy.
Poll will run for a week so there's plenty of time to think about it.

And I also want to bring to everyone's attention that the colouring book SAL won't start until June, now. We have something else planned for May, so that I can set up some very interesting things for the SAL - an extra dimension to it, if you will. But I can say no more for now!

Get your votes in!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

katdun wrote:The idea is make a pattern with just a black outline like you would see in a coloring book and then for everyone to choose their own colors to fill it in with. So everyone would have the same pattern, but each piece would be different. The problem now is finding a theme for the outlines that everyone (or most) will enjoy...
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. These stitch alongs are partly being run to replace the big swap this year right? It would be nice if the patterns were simple enough so that people who do not cross-stitch, or who cross-stitch is not their main craft could participate also.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

icedragonj wrote:It would be nice if the patterns were simple enough so that people who do not cross-stitch, or who cross-stitch is not their main craft could participate also.
I'm hoping to be able to provide patterns that could be adapted to other crafts, so that everyone can join in. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK, looks like Symbols / Logos came out as the winner. Will everyone be happy doing that? :D

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

blackmageheart wrote:OK, looks like Symbols / Logos came out as the winner. Will everyone be happy doing that? :D
Yep i'm happy with that. I'd like to thank whoever it was who suggested this! ;)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

Symbols as in icon-like images like the tri-force?

Logos as in the Mass Effect title?

Or what exactly?
ImageImageImageImage

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

m4pl3g1rl wrote:Symbols as in icon-like images like the tri-force?

Logos as in the Mass Effect title?

Or what exactly?
Those sorts of things. Of varying sizes and shapes and difficulty. Hopefully (if I do my job correctly) there will be something for all to enjoy!

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I'm game! Looking forward to it (even though I haven't finished the first band of my sampler! :cry: ).
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.