Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Dr. Wily Pin, with (basic) pattern

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
MortalElf
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Dr. Wily Pin, with (basic) pattern

Post by MortalElf »

Hi.

Here's my newest pin, using 14 count plastic canvas, 2 ply DMC floss, sticky-backed felt, and a standard 3/4 inch pin back. I also tend to attach a badge clip to the pin, rather than put holes in my shirt, but it's nice to know the pin is there if I want it.

Image Image

Pattern used:

Colors:
310 - Black
B5200 - Bright White
3855 - Autumn Gold - LT

I had considered 727 (Topaz - VY LT) instead, but thought it looked too yellow. *shrugs*

-Thanks.
/Mortal_Elf/

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Dr. Wily Pin, with (basic) pattern

Post by jelibe »

Cool.
When you backed your badge, did you cut the plastic canvas before or after backing it with the felt :confused: Which way is the best and easiest way :confused:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

ha! I really like this!

I love the felt backing, so it doesnt look all nasty on the back...I'm also really into the badge clip, as I hate putting holes in my shirts.

I think this project is throwing me over the edge, I'm going to get some plastic canvas and some badge clips...where did you get the clips? they sell them at standard craft stores like Michaels/Joannes?
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

MortalElf
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by MortalElf »

jelibe wrote:Cool.
When you backed your badge, did you cut the plastic canvas before or after backing it with the felt :confused: Which way is the best and easiest way :confused:
On my Kirby pin, I cut it before; on Dr. Wily I cut it after attaching the felt. Overall, I'd say it's probably easier attaching the felt first, but not by much.

johloh wrote:where did you get the clips? they sell them at standard craft stores like Michaels/Joannes?
While we do sell them at Michaels, I got them super-cheap at Walmart. I've also gotten them at Staples in the past. I didn't buy them specifically for this project, but had them lying around from a previous one.

-Thanks for all the support!
/Mortal_Elf/

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

Those little clips are often used for ID badges, so an office supply might be your best bet. I have a bunch of them in a drawer because I get one with every work related badge I get. They use them here at the hospital for visitor badges, so I see them on the ground because folks are too lazy to take 'em back to the security desk.

Cool idea. I just picked up some plastic canvas the other day. I'm looking forward to playing around with it.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

biostitch2point0
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by biostitch2point0 »

That is so cool! Yet another awesome idea brought to you by the fine contributors to the Spritestitch board. I've never heard of sticky felt backing; I wonder how much it costs. I haven't been on here for a while, I'll have to go see if you've posted this kirby pin...

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Self sticking felt costs about £2 (about a dollor) per sheet, A4 size, in a variety of colours.

Thanks you the tips on felt backing, it really helped (you will see the results soon in the challenge section).
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

MortalElf
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by MortalElf »

biostitch2point0 wrote:I've never heard of sticky felt backing; I wonder how much it costs. I haven't been on here for a while, I'll have to go see if you've posted this kirby pin...
At Michaels, in the US, it's about $1 for an 8.5''x11'' sheet. I get it for a bit cheaper, since I work there.

My Kirby pin is over here.

-Thanks.
/Mortal_Elf/