Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

skater43 stitches non-Zelda things

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: skater43 stitches non-Zelda things

Post by Firehawke »

These look SO cool...you are super talented!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by skater43 »

Thank you. :) As I've said, I like stitching NES games, because there's a simple 1 pixel to 1 stitch ratio, so it makes it easy to use screenshots or parts thereof to create patterns. That said, don't think I'll do another full screenshot like I did for AoL, just because of the time involved. I know, some of you guys have spent years on projects and those look awesome, but I'm liking doing the smaller projects/getting to see completed work sooner. I have screenshots of Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Warrior 1 and Castlevania 2 I had planned to do as projects before realizing how much effort full shots take (and those would all take longer than AoL or SMB because they have more stitches/less blank background). Idea was famous/infamous lines from NES games ("I Garland will knock you all down", "a slime draws near", and "what a horrible night for a curse" respectively), so I may combine those into one project/add a few others and just do the text, or a collage of the text boxes or something, rather than the full screenshots. So that's another possible project down the road (soon as I run out of other things to stitch :) ).

No word yet on my frame jobs, though I've been gone this weekend. Fully expect to hear about SMB the next couple of days, to get that in under the deadline so I can submit it to SGDQ. ALttP still needs some assembling, but that's on the back burner temporarily since it doesn't have a deadline.

skater43
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by skater43 »

Got this back from the framers (they were even nice enough to take a picture, so we have it turned the right way for once :) ). As always, impressed with the work they do. Sent my submission in and just got word a few minutes ago it had been accepted, so tomorrow we'll get it packaged up and mailed off. Looking over the list of already accepted prizes, I'm seeing quite a few craft type prizes. As I've said, I'm not a speedrunner, don't have the skill/inclination, but us crafters can do our part for the cause by creating a prize, get the word out about the marathon, etc.
Attachments
sgdq 2020 framed IMG_4319.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks fantastic!!! And congrats on your submission being accepted!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Looks great!
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

skater43
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by skater43 »

Thank you. And for a $20 minimum donation, it could be yours Tuesday night https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/prizes/sgdq2020 :)