Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

skater43 stitches Zelda games

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: skater43 stitches Zelda games

Post by Firehawke »

Congrats on getting so much done on Minish! And good luck with the new project!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Thank you. :) While we still have weeks of work left in Minish Cap, I am seeing the end, we're getting to the last bits. Looking forward to finishing it up this Summer and seeing how the final product turns out. Still think Twilight Princess will be my most impressive looking picture, but this one will be up there because of all the colors used and the details.

Plan to post an update on King Zora this weekend. Things are moving along, but I think to finish by the end of April, we'll need to increase our daily stitching time a bit. Plan to kick things up to 90 minutes a day, from 60 minutes, and see how that goes. But progress is being made and we have done a fair amount. But since we do have a bit of a deadline so we can get it framed in time, we're going to have to step things up a notch.

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

As mentioned yesterday in my other thread, we are back undertaking Minish Cap. Started back in on it on the 16th, so we've gotten another 2 1/2 weeks or so under out belt. Including today's stitching time, we are now up to 246 hours total on this project. Made a lot of progress, but I'd say at
least a couple of months still to go. We have started down the curve on the right side, but we still have 40ish columns to go from our farthest point stitched thus far. And then everything below. But I expect we can do the rest with three more hoop moves, maybe only two depending on how things line up when we move it down and how much of the right side we can then cover. When I left off in February, I spent the last few days just doing black outlines so that I could easily get back into this and that proved to be a good move. Spent the first week+ just doing some of the little stitches here and there within the big fill sections. So that was much time but not much overall progress. However, they still need to be done. And with those done, I could do the fill sections a little faster, knowing I had everything else filled in and didn't need to worry about saving a square for another color. If you look closely, I did miss two squares in the blue sections, so we'll have to go back for those, but hardly a big deal. Plan tomorrow is to finish filling in the green of Ezlo, which will finish him off, hit those two squares in the blue, then prolly fill in the stuff above the sword. Plan is to move the hoop down next, so
overall plan for this hoop is start at the top and work our way down. I don't think I will have the hoop done/moved before the next WIP pic in three weeks, but I expect most of it to be filled. We shall see.

And planning ahead, Thursday, I stopped by Michael's to go thread shopping for Spirit Tracks. Was able to get almost every color I need, minus about 6. And they are colors Michael's normally carries, they just happened to be out. So, every so often, we'll pop in there again and see about getting those missing colors. Still have plenty of time, so don't need to resort to ordering them online just yet.
Attachments
minish cap wip 6-2-24 IMG_20240602_140413.jpg