Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Ken Vs. Akuma

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Celes_Lionheart
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Ken Vs. Akuma

Post by Celes_Lionheart »

Heya eveyone ^_^

Been meaning to post this for awhile now, and just my camera working so I finally got a picture of it!

This is my Ken Vs. Akuma project that I made for my Fiance for his birthday (nevermind the fact that it took me 2 birthdays to get it done ^_^;; )

It is done on 22 count aida 6 inches by 14 inches long... wish I could remember how many stitches! The fabric looks a little pulled in the pictures because I haven't sat down and ironed it yet ^_^;;

I am working on a mega man spread right now, and should be done soon. I'll have to post that one when I am done too ^_^
Working on:
Mini-Swap, Chocobo chart, Mega Man piece
Sewing - 3 different Disappearing 9-Patch quilts
http://celes887.deviantart.com/

johloh
Site Admin

Re: Ken Vs. Akuma

Post by johloh »

that is awesome! :clapping:

first street fighter stitching ive seen...I considered doing a set of all the original characters, but it sounded like too much work...
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

I've never played that game but the attacks look sweet :p
Image Image

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

I like seeing something in the fighting genre represented in cross stitch. It's a nice change of pace from what tends to be primarily Square products, Mario, and Zelda.

(With no offense to the people doing really excellent work in those areas. Including myself.)

I have been a little gunshy about doing 16-bit and later stitches. Part of it probably pure nostalgia. I didn't get a SNES until 1997 or 1998. I had a Genesis, but my interest in console games waned soon after acquiring it. The other part is color selection. It's tricky to get pixel-perfect matches, or it is for me at any rate.

I made precisely one post-NES video game related stitch: Phoenix Wright and while it looks fine from a distance, up close some of the colors just bug me.

Anyway, thumbs up for Street Fighter!
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy

poetinme
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by poetinme »

ohhh yeah!! sooo cool!

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

benjibot wrote:I like seeing something in the fighting genre represented in cross stitch. It's a nice change of pace from what tends to be primarily Square products, Mario, and Zelda.

(With no offense to the people doing really excellent work in those areas. Including myself.)

I have been a little gunshy about doing 16-bit and later stitches. Part of it probably pure nostalgia. I didn't get a SNES until 1997 or 1998. I had a Genesis, but my interest in console games waned soon after acquiring it. The other part is color selection. It's tricky to get pixel-perfect matches, or it is for me at any rate.

I made precisely one post-NES video game related stitch: Phoenix Wright and while it looks fine from a distance, up close some of the colors just bug me.

Anyway, thumbs up for Street Fighter!
That Phoenix Wright is awesome though!
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia