Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Ezio/Altaïr

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Ezio/Altaïr

Post by Asinine »

I completed an altered pattern from this post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1912&p=16103)... I've got to say, I'm REALLY unimpressed with KG Chart's ability to not wander off into various hues when the color is simply shades of grey. I also realised how few shades of grey DMC actually has... I think I'm going to try redoing this properly; less colors, actual greys (not greens, browns, and blues).

Fortunately, it functions well as a Monet; it looks like crap up close, but far away it's gorgeous. :D
Ezio-Altaïr.jpg
Ezio-Altaïr.jpg (326.56 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
Attachments
Altaïr1.sth
(41.73 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
I'm too poor to pwn, so I r3nt.

riotpatch
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Ezio/Altaïr

Post by riotpatch »

Honestly, I think it looks gorgeous.
The only way to solve the greys problem when using jpegs is to manually edit it yourself.
At least with PCStitch and KG Chart.
Also, cross stitches always look better from far away. =]

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

That looks boss! Nice job!

Riibear
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Riibear »

You know I had the very same problem with color matching when I wanted to stitch Sora from Kingdom Hearts. It turned his boots these ugly green colors! I had to manually change them all my self. >_<

I love Assassin's Creed though...well more so 2 than 1 but anyway...this looks really good! I just finished my last project, might get started on this one :D

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

astounding. really is nicely done. think i might try it myself, thanks for the pattern. :D

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Lord Libidan wrote:thanks for the pattern. :D
More than welcome!

I was actually doing all of his white cloth by "hand" (matching colors in PS with my own theoretical grey scale); but this year for Christmas, my family will not be buying gifts and instead I want to make everyone a rather sizable something. So it's on the back burner... like all the other stuff I am so good at procrastinating with. :D

Cerity
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Cerity »

You can also load up an image into the free PC stitch, see if you like the colors better, and either ninja-change them in KGStitch or have someone on here who has the paid version make the pattern for you (like BlackMageHeart did for me and my banner project). Never be afraid to swap colors around, though, if you're not satisfied with either program :peach

Regardless, the piece looks gorgeous! Great job ^.^

Asinine
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Asinine »

Cerity wrote:You can also load up an image into the free PC stitch
Yeah, originally I loaded it in both and found that KG Chart used a lot less colorful colors (namely pinks and purples) in Altair's white cloth areas. That was a huge peeve; I didn't mind the blue or beige tint (since you can see the coloring does vary in these hues), but purple and pink? Seriously? :blink:

I'm becoming a bit more distanced from the "luxury" of programs choosing colors for you, especially when their on-screen representation doesn't look anything like the actual thread.