Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

FFVI Edgar profile

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...

FFVI Edgar profile

Post by Guest »

I did this stitching of Edgar from Final Fantasy VI for my boyfriend's backpack (to cover up a patch he didn't like)...I used PC Stitch for the pattern and am not very happy with the colors of his face, but it turned out alright I guess...

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: FFVI Edgar profile

Post by Icedevimon13 »

<3 Edgar also!

Don't worry about the colors, I think they look great. I bet it looks even better from a distance. I know how you feel though. I wasn't happy with the browns pc stitch gave me for my super metroid project but it looks fine a few feet away.
Image Image

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yup pc stitch can be a pain...it seems to me to have severe problems with skin tones. light browns to medium browns often seem VERY off to me...maybe they have a bit of a flaw in how they calculate them in the program.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

klammyq
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by klammyq »

yeah, I'm doing another rather large project from the game Snatcher, and PC Stitch gave me some weird skin tones...is there anyway to change specific the colors within PC Stitch, or would I just have to try to find better ones at the store?
Current WIPs:
ST:TNG quilt

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

If you look at the left side of the program there should be a huge list of colors. If you select one of them and also select the paint bucket, you should be able to fill in an entire section of old color. Also, remember you can fiddle with color settings when you import an image. Always look at the preview as you go and compare the two pictures.
Image Image

benjibot
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by benjibot »

klammyq wrote:yeah, I'm doing another rather large project from the game Snatcher
How very timely. Do you perhaps listen to Retronauts? The last podcast was on Snatcher. I'd love to play that game.
Blog: Sorry Town, USA | Tweets: Twitter | Photos: Flickr | Sales: Etsy