Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario - Yoshis Island

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Mario - Yoshis Island

Post by matthewbeetle »

Hi all,

First off let me just say it is great to see the website back up and running (With shiny new graphics too!) - I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to! It's been so long!

After the success of my previous post (Shameless plug alert!) (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16446)
I thought I would share with you my latest piece completed today! It has taken me near enough a year (Same as the last one) but I'd put this one down for much longer, however with lockdown and working from home I was able to really blast through it in double quick time. Guess that says something about how much time I waste on conference calls!

Still, it was good to get back into the swing of things...and I can definitely see a Super Mario Theme! I think I'm doing the smaller pieces while I talk myself into the larger map. One day.....maybe next year.

Anyways, hope you enjoy seeing the completed piece, as always any hints or tips I can learn from are always welcome!

Stay safe

Matt
Attachments
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Mario - Yoshis Island

Post by blackmageheart »

Excellent job! It looks so neat and even, well done :)

What's next for you?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...it looks fantastic!!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by skater43 »

Very nice. :) Seen patterns for each of the parts of the SMW map and thought about doing some/all of them, but am a bit intimidated by how long they'd likely take. Done a couple of big projects, but, like you, I'm preferring to focus on smaller ones at this point, ones I can do in a couple of months maybe, rather than a year+. Maybe once I finish my various upcoming Zelda projects, I'll start in with ones from various Mario games.