AoL WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: AoL WIP

Postby Firehawke » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 am

You've been busy! It looks great!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Postby skater43 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Thank you. One day at a time, one stitch at a time, slow, steady progress. Work on it every day, about an hour a day. Currently working on the lines in between the first and second window, so we're making good progress, but it'll still be mid-October before we finish them. Then we get to start doing windows and characters and text and interesting stuff. :)

skater43
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Postby skater43 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:55 am

Okay, think we actually have the photo going the right way this time. :) But, we've completed the lines across the bottom, so the last of the really tedious stuff is done. The text box outline doesn't have much to it either, but there's not a lot to it and I do have to keep track of where I am to make it fit and all. And as we can see, we've started in on the windows. I have my threads set aside for this and other potential upcoming projects, went to start in on the blue sky and realized what I'd picked was not a good color. Or what I had was meant for the darker bluer the text shadows and I'd forgotten about the sky. Fortunately, I've built up enough of a collection of colors that I was able to come up with a light blue that'll work just fine, without having to go to the store to pick up a skein. But we finally get to see some real colors here besides just the bricks and black background. Ballparking things, I figure it'll take a couple of weeks to finish the windows (all three colors for each), so first week or so in November. After that, not sure what I'll work on next, but as this point, really doubt I'll be done by the end of the year. However, near as I can tell from my records, I started working on this the end of January this year, so finishing the end of January, 2020 is possibility, taking a full year to finish it (with a couple of breaks to knock out some small projects), but we'll see. We're getting closer and we can see things coming together, see where Link and Error are going to be and so on. Do have AGDQ 2020 coming up and I've got a project planned for that, though I need to see about maybe shifting things around or tweaking it for size considerations. So that'll be a couple of weeks break from this project, but this is still my main focus.
Attachments
aol wip 10-20-19 IMG_20191020_121700913.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am

I love how well this project pops off the aida! You've made a TON of progress on it this year!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Return to “Stitching - Video Game”