Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Postby Firehawke » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Just dawned on me that I've been lumping all of my non-video game projects into one topic no matter what craft they are. Time to shake things up! :P

So, here are the updates on this weekend's stitching efforts!

I now have 400+ stitches done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf project!

Spoiler: show

Added a little more color to the Eleventh Doctor stained glass project! (sorry for the streaky shadows...the blinds got in the way :P )

"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Postby blackmageheart » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Firehawke wrote:Just dawned on me that I've been lumping all of my non-video game projects into one topic no matter what craft they are. Time to shake things up!

Thanks for sorting them!

They both look awesome so far XD
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks!

May have update pics next week...but maybe not in this topic :P Been in the mood lately to work on my Gryffindor double knit square (am I ever going to finish it??? Time will tell! :secret )
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Postby Moirae » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Yay for new thread in this section. :thumbsup: and man oh man, starting a HAED. :shock: Good luck on that one. Maybe if I'm still stitching in a couple of years, I'll give one a try, but I don't think I could keep my focus on a project for the minimum 2 years I would guess it would take me. For now, I can just enjoy following others. BTW what's the count on your fabric?
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:25 am

Thanks!

Yup...a HAED project has a lot of stitches, so focusing on it can be a bit overwhelming. Which is why it's one of many active projects I have going on (I get bored easily :P)...and I have another one I want to start soon, too! I have all of the DMC, just need to get the aida. I'm thinking of getting the same that I am using for Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (love the sparkles!)...it's 18 count (I tried working on 25...that is SO not for me! Just wish I had known that before I got the aida for both HAED projects :P...the 25 count is going to be repurposed for who knows what at this point :P).

I got the sparkley aida from 123Stitch! http://www.123stitch.com/item/Zweigart- ... 3/123-7886

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Postby Moirae » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:22 pm

:D I barely resisted buying a small piece of that same opalescent aida last time I bought from 123stitch. Looks way prettier in your picture than on the site and really, who doesn't love sparkly cloth? The next week I wound up grabbing a tube of Charles Craft Stardust Aida from amazon as an add-on item. Still don't have plans for it yet, but I pulled it out to admire it one day and out fell a pattern from one of my favorite designers - Joan Elliott. Apparently it's a freebie exclusive to the gold Stardust. So, that's always an option.

As for the 25-count, I'm not sure I'd want to do such big projects on it either. My [admittedly quite bad] eyes already ache at the thought of doing the small areas of 1 over 1 on 28-count coming up on my Egyptian Sampler. :cray: I'll probably hop all over the place to avoid it or break it into a bunch of short sessions to avoid eyestrain and insanity. lol

stardust.jpg
stardust.jpg (42.84 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:31 pm

I bet the Stardust is really pretty...and that pattern is cute!

It's hard to resist sparkley stuff :P

Good luck with those stitches!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Mon May 29, 2017 4:35 pm

It's Memorial Day here in the States, and that's one of the holidays I get off...I spent the long weekend stitching!

First, I finished page 1 of the Doctor Who stained glass!

And then, I hit the edge of page 1 of Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (80 stitches x 20 stitches, plus a few)!

BadgerSensei
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Postby BadgerSensei » Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Love these! So excited to see how the doctor who one turns out, though. That show is fun.
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 0/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Postby Firehawke » Wed May 31, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks!!! I agree...it's a very fun show!

If you're interested, the pattern is from here, and there's a pattern for a Tenth Doctor stained glass, too!
http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14043&hilit=doctor+who+stained+glass#p69807

Return to “Stitching - Non Video Game”