Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Walking to Mordor

Anything goes!
Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Walking to Mordor

Post by Eliste »

Can I just say, being a tourist is great for this. Walked around Edinburgh on Thursday and racked up 19.7km that day alone!!

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Eliste wrote:Can I just say, being a tourist is great for this. Walked around Edinburgh on Thursday and racked up 19.7km that day alone!!
Ha, best excuse yet to go book a holiday straight away! ;)

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Agreed. Had a weekend away in Sydney, and by the time we had done Taronga Zoo and the Powerhouse Museum, and walked down to Chinatown each night for dinner I added at least 32 km.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

Ran my birthday mileage plus some bonus miles on Saturday during an 8 Hour timed race.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

cirestan wrote:Ran my birthday mileage plus some bonus miles on Saturday during an 8 Hour timed race.
I enjoyed that small amount of time where I was ahead of you. That is some serious distance you added on Saturday (and I mean that totally in a "way to go!" way and not a "you must be old" way :P ).

I'm working on increasing my running stamina. Most of my miles are from walking or hiking right now. I've been using the C25K app, and it has been working really well for me. I run my first 5k on June 5th, which is also my birthday! I'm very much looking forward to it.

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

You need to get to work lpg.
We're going to Disney World at the end of the month and since I only log "training miles" there is a chance for you to get ahead again.
Of course on June 6 & 7 I'm running a 24 hour race to make an attempt at 100 miles. :tomato:
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Just updated after my holiday and I think me and Moosette, blackberrybear and RoseLight are gonna share camp for now...safety in numbers! Here guys have a sausage
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by BooChocoBoom »

Yay! I'm finally on the road! I logged a bit over 20 miles this weekend at the Anime Con but since I now have the Fitbit app, my bestie has weekly challenges set up. I intend to trounce her thoroughly and catch up!
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

cirestan wrote:You need to get to work lpg.
We're going to Disney World at the end of the month and since I only log "training miles" there is a chance for you to get ahead again.
Of course on June 6 & 7 I'm running a 24 hour race to make an attempt at 100 miles. :tomato:
I just saw this post now, and I wish I had stepped it up this past week! Well no time like the present. And seriously, 100 miles in a 24 hour race? You are scary intense there cirestan.

Anyone else have trouble getting active when the weather is crummy? Last week it was overcast and rainy, and that always makes me want to go home and lay on the couch. Does anyone have any tips for overcoming that? Maybe I just ned to tell myself, "Get off your butt and go for a walk! I'll let you skip the jog today, but you at least need to walk!"

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Yep, bad weather is my downfall. Unfortunately, I have no tips except, indeed, 'get off your butt and walk!'. Although there are exceptions. Rain on the way too work? Allowed to take the bus. Rain on the way from work? No excuses, just walk, I can get changed when I get home.