Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Can I get some opinions??

Anything goes!
SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Can I get some opinions??

Post by SheWhoRoars »

So I had been planning on being Chell, from Portal, for Halloween and making a portal gun and the boots and stuff, but no matter where I look, I cannot for the life of me find orange pants. So today I was like, okay, lets look and see if we can find anything to be Caroline instead, and stick with the Portal theme. And I found the perfect skirt and shirt to work with it, but I'm worried that no one will recognize who she is, since you wouldn't know unless you hardcore looked at the portrait of her and Cave Johnson in Portal 2. So I'm looking for ideas of how to make it more recognizable as her? I thought about still making the gun, because I can't imagine her having not gone through testing herself, but I don't know how much that would help :help: Can I get some opinions?

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Can I get some opinions??

Post by Servotron »

Don't look for orange trousers, buy a orange jumpsuit. If I recall correctly, Chell wears a jumpsuit in Portal 1, and the same in Portal 2 but she has the upper part and arms tried round her waist, with a white Aperture Science vest/tanktop. Should be easy to find an orange jumpsuit, sometimes they are listed as prisoner jumpsuits as well.
Image Image Image Image

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

If you're going as Caroline - which I think is frankly cooler than Chell - how about a bandolier of lemon grenades and a belt with vials of blue, orange, and white gels? :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Or a potato with random wires stuck in it. Sort of like a foreshadowing kind of thing....

Man, I kind of want to dress up a potato now.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

A bag with a companion cube heart on it may fit - I doubt Cave Johnson was the one responsible for them.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Oh my gosh :wiz You guys are the best, those are some fabulous ideas. I already got the base dress for Caroline. And I had looked for an orange jumpsuit, but they were all short sleeved, or really expensive :/ But wow, lemon grenades would be so hysterical, it has to happen :D

anarchyash3
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by anarchyash3 »

Have you looked at Hot Topic or Walmart? Both have bright orange skinny jeans here that might work for what you're after.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."-Einstein
:mush :Link :pac :sonic :pika :yoshi :1up
Esty Store
Projects:
  • Murloc baby blanket
  • Dr.Seuss Moving Mountains By BigDaddyWiz

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

anarchyash3 wrote:Have you looked at Hot Topic or Walmart? Both have bright orange skinny jeans here that might work for what you're after.
I'm always skeptical of buying things online since it seems like you try on 20 things in store before something looks okay, and sadly the Walmart here is lacking, and we don't have a hot topic :blush: Which sucks. But I went to a couple thrift stores in town and found the stuff for Caroline, because they didn't have anything at all for Chell other than some pants that were like.... 5 sizes too small? They were some tiny freaking jeans.

anarchyash3
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by anarchyash3 »

SheWhoRoars wrote:
anarchyash3 wrote:Have you looked at Hot Topic or Walmart? Both have bright orange skinny jeans here that might work for what you're after.
I'm always skeptical of buying things online since it seems like you try on 20 things in store before something looks okay, and sadly the Walmart here is lacking, and we don't have a hot topic :blush: Which sucks. But I went to a couple thrift stores in town and found the stuff for Caroline, because they didn't have anything at all for Chell other than some pants that were like.... 5 sizes too small? They were some tiny freaking jeans.

Just another idea I had. What about scrubs or even cotton/flannel pj pants? I know the thrift store here have TONS of them. You could always get white ones and then some orange rit dye stuff that you just drop in the washer with them.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."-Einstein
:mush :Link :pac :sonic :pika :yoshi :1up
Esty Store
Projects:
  • Murloc baby blanket
  • Dr.Seuss Moving Mountains By BigDaddyWiz