Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What are you watching now and why?

Anything goes!
rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: What are you watching now and why?

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

As I don't have cable, most of my TV watching is Netflix or Hulu while I'm crafting.

I too, just finished Attack on Titan and LOVED it! I can't wait for the next season!

I'm not much for reality TV, but I've always been a big RuPaul fan, so I've been watching RuPaul's Drag Race and even going to past episodes and seasons just to watch. It's a fun show, I think :) Other than that, my son and I have been enjoying Pokemon and we just finished Bye Bye Butterfree. The saddest part was watching my son cry (he's two) and say, "Where you goin'? Where you goin'?" My poor little monkey just didn't understand :cry:

I have a fascination with all things "mystery" so I've been watching a lot of the Investigation Discovery shows that are on Netflix. Shows like Disappeared, Wicked Attraction, and my favorite Extreme Forensics. I always wanted to be a homicide investigator so I love watching shows like this. People are rather turned off when I light up at the talk of serial killers and say things like, "I want to peek into the mind of such and such serial killer," though I don't know why lol.

I'm not a psycho, I promise lol
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

rockinwithrammstein wrote:I'm not much for reality TV, but I've always been a big RuPaul fan, so I've been watching RuPaul's Drag Race and even going to past episodes and seasons just to watch. It's a fun show, I think :)
This is my current guilty pleasure. I'm so loving RuPaul's Drag Race and it just cracks me up! Only finished the first season, but damn! Its all the chaos of ANTM/BNTM/Project Runway plus more! Totally addicted.

On the more up-to-date things, my favorite show of this year has got to be Almost Human. Its everything I had been hoping Agents of SHIELD would be- great writing, fun characters, cool ideas, awesome tech, moral dilemmas. Its hitting all the right buttons and I can't wait every week for the next one.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

I love those types of shows too Rockin' and I understand well what you mean about people giving you funny looks. I am the exact same way! Course, I'm a psych major, and serial killers do make interesting subjects. I love watching the shows about them on Bio (and I watch some of the stuff you mentioned on Netflix as well lol). There's a show on there called Deadly Women about women serial killers/women murderers that is also very interesting. You have any favorite killers? I did a paper for one of my classes on Gacy and another one on H.H. Holmes.

As a change of subject and back on topic...lol Anyone else COMPLETELY THRILLED Netflix finally got Chuck?! I am having so much fun rewatching and enjoying this show again and realizing that new show with Josh Holloway is just Drama!Chuck. LOL!

I will be honest though...I haven't watched much Netflix since they made the profiles because I had all these shows bookmarked that I wanted to watch and I don't want to have to find them all again for my profile. LOL! However, knowing that I can take my 3DS to bed with me and watch an ep or two of something on Netflix in bed is nice, I must say.

And yes, I could put TWD lower on the queue to give it lesser priority but I'm lazy and don't want to go to the basement to deal with it. LOL! Maybe next time I'm down there for some other reason I can do that as well.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

H.H. Holmes is one of my favorites! The Zodiac Killer is my number one though. I love that he was able to directly communicate with the press and no one was able to catch him. They JUST came up on another lead last week about someone who could have been him.

Anyway...I actually watch Deadly Women, too. Great show!
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

Remy
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Remy »

Rocking- I'd be interested in hearing about this lead. Also I'd like to poke around the Ripper's head while I have my tea.

Bex- Here are some movie suggestions.
13 ghosts
the haunting (the original is better than the remake)
Repo the genetic opera (more of a rock opera but highly amusing)
re-animator (1985)
Jacob's ladder
poltergeist
the wicker man (1973 Christopher Lee)
I'm not sure if these are available on dvd or just vhs but they are pretty decent.
the abominable Dr Phibes (1971 Vincent Price. Then again almost everything he's in is amusing.)
Jack's Back (James Spader)
Lady in White (1988)

I normally watch mainly 'horror/supernatural/paranormal' shows and cartoons/anime 90% of the time and shows like Game of Thrones the rest of the time. On anime I prefer subbed as some voice actors get on my nerves. Currently I'm re-watching American Horror Story and Lost Girl. If I can focus on it I'll be getting caught up on Downton Abby later.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Remy wrote:Bex- Here are some movie suggestions.
13 ghosts
the haunting (the original is better than the remake)
Repo the genetic opera (more of a rock opera but highly amusing)
re-animator (1985)
Jacob's ladder
poltergeist
the wicker man (1973 Christopher Lee)
I'm not sure if these are available on dvd or just vhs but they are pretty decent.
the abominable Dr Phibes (1971 Vincent Price. Then again almost everything he's in is amusing.)
Jack's Back (James Spader)
Lady in White (1988)

I normally watch mainly 'horror/supernatural/paranormal' shows and cartoons/anime 90% of the time and shows like Game of Thrones the rest of the time. On anime I prefer subbed as some voice actors get on my nerves. Currently I'm re-watching American Horror Story and Lost Girl. If I can focus on it I'll be getting caught up on Downton Abby later.
I'm very strange when it comes to horror films and what I like/ don't like and what scares me in a good way or bad way, I checked out your list and I think the only ones that interest me are 'The Haunting' and 'the Lady in White' and I quite like the look of Lost Girl. I'm still unsure about the Wicker Man, then again its another well known that I haven't seen.
You reminded me of The Woman in White too, something we looked at at school. Then I recalled another we looked at and found out it was 'The Signalman' which i'm gonna see if I can get too, the bbc did an adaptation of it in the 70s i'm pretty sure we watched it during school.

I borrowed a couple of dvds from mum and just watched for the first time The Rise of the Guardians and The Princess and the frog. I also borrowed The towering inferno which I might watch tomorrow.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

I love horror movies (minus any of that torture stuff). Some Ive recently watched worth mentioning are Pontypool, Haunter, The Awakening, and Last Kind Words. They werent great, but watchable. I also started watching Pokemon Indigo League on Netlix. I watched the show when it first aired while getting ready for school in the morning. I definately didnt catch all the episodes for sure. The shows the only reason I know anything about the Pokemon universe. Its perfect for when leveling up in Tales of Xillia.

StitchWitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by StitchWitch »

BigDaddyWiz wrote:I love horror movies (minus any of that torture stuff). Some Ive recently watched worth mentioning are Pontypool, Haunter, The Awakening, and Last Kind Words. They werent great, but watchable. I also started watching Pokemon Indigo League on Netlix. I watched the show when it first aired while getting ready for school in the morning. I definately didnt catch all the episodes for sure. The shows the only reason I know anything about the Pokemon universe. Its perfect for when leveling up in Tales of Xillia.

OMG someone else who has seen Pontypool! I found that movie quite interesting and I liked the main character. He had a distinct personality. I discovered it after a day of random internetting that found a list of "Top 10 Horror Movies You've Never Seen (But Should)." Dead Girl and a few other good ones were on the list as well. I've not heard of Haunter, but "weren't great but watchable" sounds like less than a compelling reason to see them. Any others you would recommend? As for torture stuff, a lot of people seem to like either the "torture-*" or the "psychological." I like both. I think anything that can make me feel squeamish makes me remember I'm a human. I see so much bloody stuff all the time (new nursing grad!) that I'm always glad to know I'm not desensitized.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

On top of everything else that we've been watching, I've decided to start re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho. Since the episodes are only about 23 minutes long, it's nice to just watch a couple when the other half is doing something else. Also, since it has been years since I watched it last, it is almost like I am watching it for the first time and it makes me really excited to watch it even more.

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

StitchWitch wrote:OMG someone else who has seen Pontypool! I found that movie quite interesting
Yeah thats really how I viewed it. An interesting take on the 'zombie' genre. I thought the whole reason behind it was kinda goofy, but they laid out the story well. More importantly, the acting wasnt bad (as is often the case with horror movies). Haunter was the best out of the ones I mentioned(its on Netflix). Its a unique haunting tale featuring Abigail Breslin. Its got a really low imdb score but I feel its being underrated. Horror in general seems to be an underrated genre. The other two were nothing but, bored, late night horror movie picks on Netflix. Ive probably watched every horror/syfy/supernatural movie with a 3 star or above on Netflix. As I write this Im rewatching Event Horizon. Havent seen it in years but I remember it frightning me when I was younger. Reminds me of Dead Space minus all the crazy necromorphs. I feel its hard to recommend horror cause everyone spooks differently (plus most really arent good). I actually enjoyed both Insidious movies and WWZ. This new Oculous movie looks interesting but I hated all the Paranormal movies. I am also open for any horror movie suggestions? Im always looking for a scare before bed.