Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Weight loss/diet/nutrition - new start for 2015!

Anything goes!
concraftidor
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Weight loss/diet/nutrition - new start for 2015!

Post by concraftidor »

blackmageheart wrote:Ugh, I knew this would happen. I've been steadily putting on weight despite my efforts to eat well and exercise and I've gone over 100kg. Was hoping some of you guys might have some words of wisdom or tips to kick start the loss - anything would help!
If you've been working really hard and eating well you're probably gaining muscle mass. Often when you work out hard you gain a little bit of weight because you are gaining muscle mass. I recommend taking measurements of your body (neck, chest, waist, hips, arms, thighs) and using that as a benchmark instead because scales LIE.

Otherwise, if you are working out regularly and eating healthy things in small portions, you WILL lose weight, it just might go slowly. Have patience beautiful :) :thumbsup:
Conquering crafting - one medium at a time!
http://www.concraftidora.wordpress.com

Family Tree Sampler (90% done)
Christmas Stocking (70% done)
Epic Pokemon Generation I (1/30 pages)
Three Wolf Moon (10% done)

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

blackmageheart wrote:Ugh, I knew this would happen. I've been steadily putting on weight despite my efforts to eat well and exercise and I've gone over 100kg. Was hoping some of you guys might have some words of wisdom or tips to kick start the loss - anything would help!
Have you been taking measurements as well as weighing yourself? Sometimes I find that although the scale hasn't moved, my thighs or arms might be shrinking. I recommend starting to measure as well if you haven't already.

Any other advice will be pretty general since I don't know the specifics of your diet plan, but make sure you're keeping hydrated. Maybe you could also alter your diet or workout routine for a little while and see if there's a change

Also, write your food intake down. I was doing great at one point and thought 'Well, I know what I'm doing now, so logging isn't super important.' I didn't realize I was slowly adding calories every few days and it all eventually added up to maintaining weight instead of losing.

Most important, stay positive. You can get back on track, just keep monitoring yourself to see exactly what's going on. And we'll all just keep cheering each other on. :clapping:

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Well, I'm similar so at least you're in good company?

I need to get back to tracking. When I track, it works. When j don't track or just "keep track in my head" I fails.

Also isn't helping that I've been traveling again as then I can't control the food on offer as well. So, I guess I'm restarting from... March 20th? Ugh, I love my life, but it really makes the weight control difficult.

concraftidor
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by concraftidor »

The walk to Mordor thing is TOTALLY the best for my diet! I've been working really hard to get in at least 5 miles a day and I've lost 2 pounds this week! Super pumped. Yocrunch yogurt has also been my best friend, a great alternative to ice cream or sweets!
Conquering crafting - one medium at a time!
http://www.concraftidora.wordpress.com

Family Tree Sampler (90% done)
Christmas Stocking (70% done)
Epic Pokemon Generation I (1/30 pages)
Three Wolf Moon (10% done)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Thank you for the advice all, it really made me feel better. I even tackled day 21 of the beginner shred today - workout 3 was a killer!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Today my partner and I took turns shoveling our driveway. That's not so bad, just enough workout to get us both huffing a bit. Then we noticed that the neighbors' driveway is completely unshoveled, and we remembered that they have a sick kid so there's a possibility the whole house is sick. They accepted our offer to help out. By the time I finished hauling slush out of the end of their driveway, I was wondering if I was going to have a heart attack. Shoveling may not quite qualify for the Mordor walk, but I feel like I just climbed Mount Doom. :P
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

I'm using the Couch to 5k program again. I started it last fall, but didn't finish it due to winter's arrival. I started the program over again and today I went for my second run. I've also found the Walk to Mordor spreadsheet really motivating. I like seeing where people are at on the road, and it's fun to see the locations change (i.e., Left Bag End, Stock Road, etc).

Anyone else feeling motivated or having success with their goals?

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Ok, so this marathon of travel ends this Friday. Which means this weekend I can actually start getting back on track. Been better this trip so far, but now they're taking us to Jamie Oliver's for dinner and well... How could I not? But starting Saturday. I'm committed to finally losing this winters extra poundage.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

lpgeorge123 wrote:Anyone else feeling motivated or having success with their goals?
I'm feeling motivated! Not too much success lately though as I keep getting sick, but I've decided that I'm going to push through it this time. :nod I've also changed my routine a bit. I've started using the WWE Fit Series that Stephanie McMahon put out. They're good because the videos aren't super long, but they still kick your butt. They're keeping me interested for the moment anyway. :D

anarchyash3
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by anarchyash3 »

I started Weight Watchers last week with my mom. I lost 3lbs in the first week. I had a total wake up call when I realized I was drinking my daily allowance in points in soda alone. I was going through at least 5lbs (~2.25kg) of sugar a week. So heres to hopefully losing 50lbs by the end of September.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."-Einstein
:mush :Link :pac :sonic :pika :yoshi :1up
Esty Store
Projects:
  • Murloc baby blanket
  • Dr.Seuss Moving Mountains By BigDaddyWiz